♠O.8♠

*
   *
*
|
|
|

20th century

MOLLY WEASLEY WAS WONDERING AROUND THE KITCHEN AT GRIMMAULD PLACE FETCHING MUGS AND TEA POTS WHEN THE FRONT DOOR OPENED. She was not surprised by this as people had been arriving all afternoon for the upcoming meeting along with the arrival of Harry Potter, in fact they could hear him shouting at his friends on the floor above.

Molly strolled leisurely along the corridor, attempting to be quiet as to not awaken anything that was laying dormant in the Black family house. Though she was stunned when she found Albus Dumbledore standing in the doorway beside a girl. He had expected the professors arrival though was surprised to see he had brought a guest.

The female looked up with a smile at the ginger woman and Molly assessed the girl. Her dark brown curls fell in perfect ringlets to her hips, circling her face and seeming to bounce as she moved and her eyes showed nothing but care. Her skin was warm, somewhere between tanned and pale though she could not tell in that light.

Molly also recognized that the girl seemed to be about the same age as Ginny, possibly even Hermione though she was considerably shorter than both aforementioned girls. After snapping from her daze, Molly moved to greet the pair.

"Hello Dumbledore, who is this?" The woman clearly attempted to sound polite though failed somewhat and sounded nosy which was the opposite of what she intended.

"This is Azalea, i shall discuss this more within the meeting Molly, i don't suppose you have any tea do you?" The man asked, easily changing the subject as he walked down the corridor, depositing a school trunk beside the stairwell.

"Uncle Albus?" The professor turned to the girl who slightly raised an owl cage that she held. "Where shall I place him?"

"Oh, I'm sure you can just set him down in here" the man gestured to the kitchen and the girl nodded, following him down the steps into the slightly crowded area, her footsteps being silent.

Molly was left to stand in shock at the whole exchange but looked up to find all of her children and Harry and Hermione glancing down at her over the railings, she frowned and entered the room, shutting the door tightly.

"What is going on Dumbledore?" A wizard asked curiously as he stared at the girl behind the headmaster, she clenched her hands tightly around the birdcage and the animal inside chirped softly to her but she otherwise showed no sense of fear.

"Everyone take a seat" he gestured and took one of his own beside Sirius Black, Azalea followed him and sat beside him next to Severus Snape. She had seen the man a lot the previous night and they had been properly introduced. After a while, the potions master had softened up to her slightly seeing how gentle she was, like Lily had been.

Azalea wasn't affected by the mans cold composure, in fact she was used to it after growing up with Sazalar Slytherin and she felt almost comfortable around the teacher. People chatted aimlessly around the table as they waited for the meeting to begin and Severus turned to Azalea.

"Does he have a name?" The greasy haired man questioned and he stroked the owl through the bars, the creatures cage had been settled on the girls lap and she was still holding it tightly as her source of comfort.

"Not yet, i have not been able to think of anything good enough" she replied, people around the table seemed shocked that the girl was conversing with the dark man but were more surprised to find that he had a gentle expression for once in his life.

"Hmm, how about you call him Merlin?" The man suggested and she pondered it, looking into the owls dark eyes.

"That is a brilliant idea, thank you professor" she smiled happily and the corner of his lips turned upwards ever so slightly.

"I am sure you can call me Snape...or Severus when we are not within the school grounds" he informed awkwardly and she diffused the tension effortlessly with a soft smile.

"So you decided to call him Merlin?" Dumbledore inquired and she nodded happily as she cooed the owl once more, the bird returning with a chirping coo of it's own. The old professor smiled and turned back to the table, aware of eyes upon him.

A few moments later, the door was shut and the group began to discuss plans as they usually would, everyone was shocked that Albus didn't take into consideration that a fifteen year old girl was listening to their words but they trusted their leader. Eventually, after many awkward pauses, Dumbledore began to explain the story of the girl beside him and what relevance she had to the cause.

It was safe to say that nobody saw that one coming and instantly began treating the girl with more respect, meaning they stopped staring at her as though she didn't belong. It was soon established that Azalea would stay at Grimmauld place under the care of Molly and Sirius but Dumbledore seemed to want to make it clear that he was officially her legal guardian.

At some point within their discussion of what role Azalea would play, the girl wondered off only to return shortly after, they all presumed she had taken a trip to the washroom but Dumbledore knew differently as she took her seat once more beside him, fixing her bouncy curls.