💛4.2💛

*
   *
*
|
|
|

"Azalea" Harry stared in shock as the gaggle of teenagers stepped out of elevator into the desolate lobby of the Ministry of Magic to find Azalea standing with her arms crossed and a smile on her lips.

"You didn't exactly expect me to abandon you all?" She smiled, her eyes gazing over the group. Hermione smiled, instantly calmer at the sight of Azalea, Ron's expression was similar. Luna remained glancing around in awe, Ginny tucked close to her brothers side but seemed more confident than all the others combined. Neville was visibly shaking though Harry smiled as he brought Azalea into his arms.

The brunette knew that Harry would never believe her when she said that Sirius wasn't there, that he hadn't been captured and that was only confirmed by his adamance as they marched to the Department of Mysteries.

The room was beautiful, full of shelves and shelves of glowing orbs. But it was terrifying in the darkness as they all crowded together among the many identical shelves. True to Azaleas word, Sirius Black was not waiting for their rescue but the daughter of Hogwarts was too busy being on edge, waiting for an attack, to bother sending him an arrogant smirk.

"H-Harry Potter" Neville called out and they all turned to him in confusion, only to find him reading out the name from one of the many orbs, when Harry reached for it, it reacted to his touch, brightening. "And... and... A-Azalea H-Hogwarts?" Neville stuttered and they all turned to the girl.

"That would be me" she smiled softly, picking up the ancient prophecy with a smile. "... it's... a long story" she giggled, aware of their confused expressions. "Which we don't have time for" her eyes widened and she pushed them all behind her, herding them behind a row of shelves as the brilliant white hair of Lucius Malfoy became clear to them, a woman at their side.

"Children" he smirked, arrogant despite it all. "Harry Potter." He cackled. "Hand over the prophecy and nobody gets hurt." He beckoned and Harry stepped forward, dragged back by Hermione.

"Lestrange" Neville looked as though he had seen a ghost as he stared at the cackling lady. And she grinned back, mad.

"Longbottom? How's the parents?"

"Better now that they're about to be avenged" he roared with passion and Azalea held her arm up to him, keeping him at bay.

"There's no need for violence" Lucius demanded. "Let's everyone just calm down. Yes? All we want, is that prophecy."

"Then why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry questioned and Azalea felt a surge of energy travel through her at the prospect of conflict. It was what she was created for, to fight but she hated the feeling of excitement it brought her as she clutched the marvellous wand her parents had given her all those months ago. That felt a world away now.

"You dare speak his name." Bellatrix hissed at the Potter boy but here eyes were fixed on the shortest female, the brunette with the beautiful curls that stood confidently, calmly with her stunning wand raised to their faces as if she was ready to fight the second it was required. If Bellatrix was a normal person, she was sure the anger and storm rising in those brown orbs would frighten her. "You filthy Half-Blood"

"Prophecies can only be received by those about whom they were made" Lucius informed them and Bellatrix had her gaze firmly set on the prophecy in Azaleas tanned hand. "Which is lucky for you. Haven't you always wondered, what was the reason for that connection between you and the dark lord? Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant?" Lucius attempted and the group was headed closer together. "Don't you want to know the secret... of your scar? All the answers are there, Porter. In your hand. All you have to do, is give it to me. I can show you everything."

Azalea watched the death eaters closely, her eyes never leaving their faces though she was aware that more crowded around them. As much as she wished that Harry had heeded her warning of the trap, she knew that this moment was inevitable. The death eaters would get to Harry one way or another.

"I've waited fourteen years."

"I know" Lucius tsked.

"Guess I can wait a little longer." He decided. "Now!" And they all cast their spells in sync, some taking and others not. Azalea performed hers wordlessly and then instantly pushed the others back.

"Hermione, get them out of here, now!" She demanded and the bushy brunette blinked in panic before grabbing Ron and Harry, pulling them along despite their protests. Harry watched in horror as Azalea came face to face with a band of Death Eaters, all with the purpose of protecting them.

"Lea!"

"Go!"

"And who may you be?" Lucius beamed at her, casting a spell that she easily deflected.

"Wouldn't you like to know" she returned and half the Death Eaters dropped unconscious from her words, spells leaving her tongue that were unknown to even the evil wizards as they stared her down in shock but she knew it was only a matter of time before they caught up with the others and so, while they were all in some way distracted, she sprinted away, chasing her fellow classmates and closest friends back toward the door. Now they all chased one another through the prophecy room. They were outnumbered and overpowered but they had the Hogwarts princess on their side and none of them were ever even at risk of damage to a single hair on their heads.

The prophecy room collapsed all around them as they plummeted from the room and fell, caught only by a quick last minute spell from Hermione.

"Department of Mysteries, got that but right didn't they" Ron scoffed and they all finally took a breath and assessed the room.