♠3.2♠

IT WAS TIME FOR THE FINAL DA MEETING OF THE YEAR AND AZALEA WAS INCREDIBLY SAD THAT IT WAS OVER FOR THE YEAR. The meetings had been the only thing keeping her going. Before the lesson officially began, she stood beside her friends and most people fooled around showing off tricks that they had learnt in their fun but fleeting time together. Azalea took a seat on a silken cushion as people began to attempt to form a Patronus. Azalea already knew perfectly well how to do it but Hermione was incessant about her doing one. 

The daughter of Hogwarts stood in the middle of the room and focused on what form she wanted her Patronus to take considering it often shifted. Without a word, a blue form jumped perfectly from her wand and a roaring lion ran around the room. Everyone turned to watch it as it jumped into the sky and swooped into the air, becoming a raven. Everyone was shocked at the sudden change before it switched again, Azalea kept her eyes on it as it swept low to the ground and slithered through peoples legs as a snake. In the next moment it was an adorable badger before bursting into blue mist.

"Yours changes form?" Hermione was shocked, never having heard of such a thing in her entire life. Azalea presumed that it changed form as she was made up of four people so the form could reflect them individually. The girl merely smiled softly as her friend hugged her. 

"Why don't you have a go Hermione?" she wondered and the girl seemed skeptical, she was worried that she wouldn't be able to do it, she did not like failing. "Just start Hermione, within your own mind. All you have to do is think of the happiest moment you ever can, perhaps try with the first one that comes into your mind and then replay it on repeat. Pretend that you are there once more, close your eyes and see the scene all around you. Slowly hold your wand in front of you" she began explaining and Hermione followed each instruction. "Think of all the happiness the image brings and then muster all that happiness into a ball in your mind and push it out as forcefully as you can through your wand." she explained and in an instant a gorgeous blue seal swan through the air of the room, dancing around the stunned witch. 

"I did it!"

"You did, first time as well" she smiled and the two brunette girls smiled. People around had heard her method and were trying it themselves. Blue wisps formed, building more and more as they practised until the room was alight with the figures and people beamed happily. 

"Thank you Azalea" many of them stated as they left and she giggled. She was worried that Harry would be angry at her for stealing the lesson but he merely smiled and hugged her softly. The pair had not yet spoken to one another about the kiss and they also had not told Ron or Hermione yet both of them seemed to recognize the tension between the pair. 

"Come on, let's go back to the Common room" Hermione beamed and took the girls gloved hand, Ron walking with them. 

"You coming mate?" Ronald wondered to Harry but the boy brushed it off.

"I'll catch up" he promised and Azalea frowned as she looked around the room spotting a crying Cho in the corner beside a photo of Cedric Diggory. Azalea let the other two guide her out of the room and back to the common room. The brunette girl thought about all that had happened as they sat in the comfy chairs and Azalea had decided that she was going to ask Hermione if she knew. She had been given permission by Dumbledore to and to tell her if she did not know. Dumbledore knew that he may not have long left in the castle and he wanted her to have someone close that also knew her huge secret. 

Hermione was perfect and would definitely hide the secret well. Now it was just a matter of when to do the asking. She wanted to do it right then but was worried that someone would hear. The girls shared a dormitory but there were other girls there as well. Hermione seemed to notice that something was wrong with her friend as she ushered her into their room. She presumed that it had to do with Harry.

"Did you and Harry kiss?"

"How could you tell?"

"Well I knew something had happened because you two were being super awkward together" Hermione stated and Azalea groaned as she flopped backwards on the bed, Hermione soon lay beside her and they just remained there, staring at the canopy above them.

"What am I going to do?" she groaned. 

"I don't know... Azalea?"

"Yeah Hermione?"

"You're her aren't you?" she whispered incredibly lowly and in that moment, the thoughts of what was going to happen with Harry were pushed out of her brain because now she had someone laying beside her, a friend who was her own age and knew her secret. The girl from the past rolled over to she was on her side facing Hermione and the bushy haired witch turned to face her. "You're Azalea Hogwarts"

"I am... I am Azalea Hogwarts" she nodded and allowed a tear to roll down her cheek, her chest was tight and a lump formed in her throat because it reminded her of who she was and that this life she was living, as a witch in the 21st century with all the other witches and wizards... it was all a lie. She had somehow managed to convince herself that it was real because the alternative just hurt to damned much. Even now as she lay there and registered the falseness of everything, she pushed the lies back into place. Because every time she thought about her real life, about her parents and everything she had said goodbye to with a twist of the turner.. she felt like she could try and never stop.