♦2.3♦

*
      *
*
|
|
|

20th century

UPON RETURNING FROM HIS DETENTION THAT NIGHT, HARRY WAS SHOCKED TO FIND THAT THE NEW GIRL WAS NOT WAITING, ALONG WITH RON AND HERMIONE FOR HIS RETURN. Little did he know, she had been to her own meeting elsewhere in the castle. As Azalea entered the office of Professor Dumbledore, a smile accentuated her features. The man had a similar expression as he gestured for her to take a seat. 

"Hello Uncle Albus" she greeted the wise man. Said man was becoming weary of the pink toad that roamed the halls of his beloved school. It had been merely two days and she was causing uproar from students left right and centre. "It has come to Harrys attention, that you have been avoiding him. I understand that you have your reasons though I thought I would give you an indication before he attempts to bombard you" she smiled softly and the man returned it. 

"Yes, that has become clear to me. I find that I should probably be distancing myself from him. I do not wish to alarm Lord Voldemort of my connection to Harry. People say that I am the only wizard he fears. Though I believe that will change when he discovers who you are." he smiles softly. 

"That is also what I wish to discuss" Azalea frowned "I have been attempting to keep myself somewhat hidden here. I do not want people to consider me as a particularly strong or smart witch because that could potentially alarm the enemies." she stated and he nodded proudly.

"That is very smart of you. As of late, we consider you to be our secret weapon. Voldemort does not know that you exist or who you are. In fact, very few trusted people do. Your true identity cannot be revealed to any that cannot be trusted. Voldemort cannot be informed that someone like yourself can be created because he will utilise that to create an army, it would be inevitable. Your parents were incredibly strong which is why they had the ability to create you but he will stop at nothing to have that." Dumbledore explained what she had already assumed on her own. 

"I am aware, as you probably are also, the students are becoming irritated by Professor Umbridge, it has been two days and they are already plotting to create a Dark Arts club of sorts. What am I to do if that occurs? Shall I join?" she wondered, Dumbledore was of course aware of the plan forming in the head of Hermione Granger, the idea would surely become a reality at some point. 

"That would be your choice" he smiled gently "However, it would be good for you to remain close to them so joining would benefit you." he began as he thought "I do suggest keeping your talents under the radar when you do join. It would not do well to reveal your true powers just yet. The time will come and I am sure you will see it when it does." 

"Have yourself and Severus made any advancements on this... curse that is still ever present?" she wondered as she lifted her hand to reveal her glove that was still very much in place. "I have attempted to find something myself in the library but it was banned a very long time ago and your library does not have anything such as this?"

"We have been considering it and working on a potion, though we are not sure it will be effective, you may just have to endure it I am afraid." he smiled sadly.

"I do not mind. It keeps my mind on my purpose. I am not supposed to have relationships." she stated, clearly referring to a friendship though Dumbledore considered a different possibility. "The simple explanation would be to stop touching him" she began "But it seems Harry is uncapable of keeping his hands to himself" she sighed as she sat back, she didn't mind his touch but it was not her purpose and it was distracting her from her job. She was merely to protect him and this building. 

"Yes, he does seem to be very affectionate toward you" Dumbledore smiled with a gleam in his eyes that caused a gentle frown on her face, it increased when she found his mind to be blocked from her, she expected nothing less. 

"Is there a reason behind that?"

"Well, I have been thinking" Dumbledore started and the girl sat up straighter, ready to hear the teachers professional opinion on the mater "Maybe he fancies you" he winked, that was not what he was going to say but he wanted to see her reaction to it. 

"What does that mean? Fancies me? I am not a dessert." 

"In this time... that more currently refers to him... having a desire to... court you" the male smirked, he was sure that this was the case though it wasn't the soul purpose of the affection he showed toward her. 

"No, that would be completely and utterly absurd Uncle Albus. I am sure that the explanation lies somewhere else" she stated calmly and he was shocked, he wasn't sure what reaction he was expecting but calm denial was not it.

"Do you not think that it could be a possibility?" he wondered and she frowned at him, she hadn't considered it as she had thought it must've had a more logical explanation. Harry Potter could not 'fancy' her. 

"I sincerely doubt it. I was created to be many things Uncle Albus but a partner was not one of those" she informed and he frowned slightly. "Besides, if I survive the battles ahead, I have been told to have myself as my next victim" she explained what he had already been told "It would be cruel to become too close to people when you have to leave them eventually?" she queried and Dumbledore thought of all the things he already knew. 

"I suppose. Well perhaps the reason that he is so affectionate toward you is because you are his protector, you were unknowingly created to protect him... could that maybe form a link between the pair of you?" the man wondered, it was strange how calmly she discussed matters such as her own death without becoming upset or matters of relationships without her becoming embarrassed as most would.

"Potentially" she considered it. "Will we at any time tell him what I am?" she pondered and the old man smiled, safe in the knowledge that she evidently trusted the boy with her secret.

"When the time comes, he will know" the wise old man nodded and the time traveller returned it with a smile before they dove into less trivial matters, just discussing their lives.