♦2.9♦

*
*
*
|
|
|

20th Century

HARRY POTTER SAT AT THE GRYFFINDOR TABLE BESIDE HIS BEST FRIENDS. Within the boys hands lay a piece of parchment which he had been puzzling over, all around him people were complaining about the latest decree of Professor Umbridge that banned all clubs and societies. It had been called 'Educational Decree number twenty - four.' Harry glared at the paper before whispering lowly to Azalea and Ron, both of which were sat on his right hand side with Hermione on his left. "This isn't a coincidence" Harry demanded "She knows" he whispered and they all leaned closer to him so they could speak Harry was startlingly aware of the gorgeous witch beside him as she was pushed further into his side by a by a boisterous Ronald Weasley. 

"She cant" Ron protested and Azalea glanced over at him momentarily. "Unless- someone must have blabbed to her" the ginger haired boy demanded rather too loudly and Azalea placed her finger against her lip in a shushing gesture, he instantly apologized.

"They cannot have" Azalea stated simply as she looked over at a smirking Hermione. The boys began to protest before they were cut off by a smirking bushy brunette, she practically radiated pride. 

"I put a jinx on that piece of parchment we signed" she declared and the boys looked over at her in shock that Hermione Jean Granger would do something so ridiculously cruel and against the rules. "Trust me, if anyone tries telling Umbridge anything. We will know who they are and they will really regret it" Hermione promised. 

"What will happen?" Ron wondered with a look of almost excitement though it was coupled strangely with a slither of horror. 

"Just know, when the time comes, if the time comes... It will be as though she is wearing a neon sign of proclamation," They all stared at her in a mixture of being impressed and horrified. Azalea merely smiled softly, she did not in any way condone jinxing fellow classmates but she understood that their secret club had to be protected from anyone blabbing. It had to stay a secret.

***

Azalea wondered into the Gryffindor common room after completing her lessons and dropped down into the seat beside Harry, she barely made a sound and he jumped when he saw her suddenly appear. He had been slightly on edge recently as Hedwig had been attacked. Azalea had allowed him to use Merlin instead as the snowy owl healed but Harry was concerned about who had injured the owl and why they would so intently want to read his mail. Everyone had a sneaking suspicion that it was Dolores Umbridge. She seemed about the only person ridiculous enough to hurt an owl for her own gain. Azalea however found that she now had a way of cheering Harry up as she had came up with a story about how she had found the Room of Requirement. 

"Harry" she whispered in his ear as she wrapped an arm around his shoulders, clearly trying to make it seem that she was hugging him as there were many students still lingering in the room. "I think I found somewhere for us to train" she whispered into his ear and when she pulled away she could see a happy smile light up his features, he could trust that when she said she found a room, she had found a room. 

"Where is it?" he wondered. 

"I cannot tell you right this moment, however I will show you. I was merely walking down some corridors, pacing really, looking for somewhere to train, Miss Umbridge was being incessant in her lessons and I had had enough and knew we needed somewhere fast. And then it just... appeared. I have asked some house elves and they told me that it is known as the Come and Go room or the room of requirement" she smoothly lied and he seemed to accept every word. 

"Why?" he whispered in return. 

"Because you can only enter it when you have a real need for it. Sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not but when you enter it will fulfill to you what it is you require. It is perfect. She will not ever find us there."

"That room is not on the marauders map" he noticed and she smiled at him, not really having a clue what he was talking about but going along with it nonetheless.

**

It was a few days later and word had gotten around to the members of Dumbledore's army that they had found a place to train and it would begin that night at eight o cloak. Members had been told that it would be on the seventh floor, opposite the tapestry of Barnabus the Barmy being clubbed by trolls. When the time came they were all there waiting and they entered the incredible room. Azalea snuck forward and summoned the room by walking passed it three times and concentrating. At that point the room knew her so well that it opened up to her effortlessly and a highly polished door emerged.

Everyone was shocked at the interior, it was perfect with large silky cushions on the floor, dummies hanging on the wall and huge book cases filled with any book you could possibly ever need for the Dark Arts subject. People looked around in shock and delight, it was huge. 

"Oh my gosh Lea, this is perfect" Harry grinned and hugged her tightly, spinning her around and shocked to discover how incredibly light she was.

Harry turned to where everyone was standing waiting for him to speak, once they had gotten over the initial shock of the room they were in, they were all hyped and prepared for the practising to began. Harry shuffled awkwardly and was sent a warm smile from Cho, this in turn made Azalea roll her eyes and Hermione to giggle.

"Right, shall we get practising then? I was thinking, the first thing we should do is Expalliarmus, you know, the Disarming charm, I know it's pretty basic but I've found it really useful." Harry started as everyone watched him. 

"Oh, please" the snotty person Azalea has learnt to be, Zacharias Smith began with an eyeroll which captured everyone's attention. "I don't think Expalliarmus is exactly going to help us against you-know-who. Do you?" 

"I've used it against him, it saved my life in June" he informed them quietly and Azalea was proud. Everybody lined up in front of Harry who was smirking slightly, they were each going to take it in turns to attempt to disarm him. Neville Longbottom began and in an instant his wand was out of his hand with only one word being said by Harry. This continued, Harry winning every time and the losers moving to the side and attempting to disarm one another. Eventually Harry was facing Azalea and he smirked slightly, ready to show off once more. Hermione began to count down and the second she had said GO, Harrys wand was in Azaleas hand, the girl having said nothing. "Wha-" he started and she beamed sassily, somewhat showing off. 

"Practise makes perfect" she winked as she said the words that Harry had said to everyone who had lost before him and she sashayed away to Hermione and the twins who were laughing somewhat hysterically.