♦2.0♦

*
*
*
|
|
|

20th century

HARRY HOPPED OFF THE CART AND FROZE IN THE REALIZATION THAT THEY HAD FORGOTTEN SOMETHING IMPORTANT, MORE SPECIFICALLY SOMEONE IMPORTANT. They had forgotten Azalea. Harry had been in such a rush to get to the place he called home that he managed to completely forget a certain gorgeous brunette.

"We forgot Azalea" he freaked out to Hermione and Ron and they frowned, having the same realization. The three had grown close to the girl in the past week and felt like the worst friends in the world to have left her on Hogsmead platform alone, they only hoped that she had followed the correct crowd and gotten safely to Hogwarts...surely the teachers wouldn't let someone get left behind?

"No need to worry friends...she arrived safely...with Draco" Luna smiled down at them as she hopped off also, giggling as she almost fell over into the mud. All three of them stared at one another with wide eyes as the twins approached with concerned looks on their identical faces.

"Where's Azalea?" They questioned the three and they frowned and shrugged. The twins looked at the trio in shock, they had been given the responsibility by their mother to look after the girl, besides they liked the adorable brunette, now they'd gone and lost her.

"Stop worrying, she's there" Luna pointed to a cart that had just rolled in, she was sat alone with Draco Malfoy and he was smiling softly at her...an expression they'd never seen him wear. Anger and jealousy roared in the pit of Harry's stomach and he staggered in shock at the feeling, forcing it down as Draco hopped off the carriage. Stones flicked as his expensive shoes hit them and he turned back to help Azalea.

Azalea allowed Draco to take her waist and lift her effortlessly to the ground, he housed a smile and they chatted as they made their way to the castle. The twins walked over as no one else had the courage to and pulled her away to their group once more but that didn't stop her from shaking Draco's hand once more and bidding goodbye.

"What were you doing with him?" Ron hissed the second she was standing next to the them, she frowned and glanced around at the people that were entering the school. All she had done was make a friend...was she not allowed to do that?

"I do not understand what i did wrong, i just made a friend" her eyes were wide and soft in confusion and she reminded Harry of Winky the house elf who he had met in the ministers box at the Quidditch world cup.

"No, you didn't, you were fraternizing with the enemy you were!" Ron shouted at her and she stepped back in shock...people hardly ever shouted at her in that way, her parents always had an underlying sentiment if love...Ron spoke in pure anger.

"What because he's a Slytherin?"

"That's exactly why!" The ginger screamed and Azalea softened her features, the boy had fell right into the trap of her words.

"My father was a Slytherin" she walked away from him them... all of them, though it pained her to do so. She followed the swarm of Gryffindor ties to the table and sat though people avoided the seats on either side of her. She was evidently not happy and nobody recognised her to talk to.

Seconds later, Hermione took the seat next to her and she glanced up with a sad expression, she couldn't tell if the bushy brunette was mad at her too so she neglected to say anything for a while.

"Ignore Ron. He's being stupid" the girl finally informed and Azalea sighed in relief as the twins also sat beside her, George on her left and Fred opposite with Neville. Glancing around, she recognized Ron, Harry and Ginny laughed a few benches up...why was Harry mad at her?

"Ron's just a git and Harry follows him, they are just upset that you're friends with Malfoy, he isn't very kind to our family" Fred informed with a slightly sad smile.

"He didn't do anything bad to me so i thought I would give him a chance...or is that wrong for me to do?" She asked and the twins smiled softly at her evident concern.

"Do whatever you want Zalie, just be careful. We don't want you getting hurt by that ferret" George commented and she smiled as she side hugged him. Shortly after Dumbledores began a speech which was followed by the sorting. Azalea was glad to see that that hadn't changed, next came another speech which was interrupted by the pink toad. Azalea rolled her eyes as Umbridge gave a ministry approved speech and everyone forced down laughs at Dumbledores expression.

Throughout the course of the feast Azalea didn't speak but her eyes occasionally flickered over to where Ginny and Harry were laughing together, nudging one another and chatting away. An unfamiliar feeling arose in her stomach and she didn't like it. The desserts were coming to an end when Azalea next looked up at Dumbledore, her uncle Albus smiled in greeting and she turned to look at Severus who nodded....signifying that he had informed Dumbledore of the situation.

Before the end of the feast, the ghosts burst through the walls and ran along the tables whilst laughing and chatting loudly at one another. The first years wailed in shock but Azalea only grinned as Helena ran passed her. The ghost of Ravenclaw tower placed a hand on her sisters shoulder as she passed and Azalea felt as though she had been dunked in a bucket of ice water.

"That's strange, the grey lady is usually quite shy " Neville informed and Azalea frowned, she had never known Helena to be shy.

"Her name is Helena Ravenclaw and she's really nice once you get to know her"

"When did you meet her?" Hermione asked suspiciously once more.

"When i came for my sorting" she shrugged convincingly.