💛4.5💛

*
   *
*
|
|
|

The office of Albus Dumbledore was uncomfortably tense as the morning cracked along the horizon from beyond the window and many questions were now in need of answers. Having given his answers to the grief stricken Potter boy, Dumbledore had left the room. And it was Azaleas turn.

The brunette girl was unreasonably terrified of telling Harry the truth. Of telling him that since the very beginning, when they had locked eyes and shared milk, she had lied to him. She'd lied to him right down until her name but finally, she could tell him everything and she absolutely intended to, afterwards, Azalea knew she had been designed to be selfless enough to let Harry go if he wanted nothing to do with her, no matter how painful that would be for her.

"Harry, this school was constructed centuries ago. In the first AD, and it's four founders were outstandingly proud of what they had created, a home for young witches and wizards. A place where everyone in the magical community could find peace and be free. Four months after it's construction, on a regular evening of rain and thunder, the castle was infiltrated for the very first time and the founders brought that culprit to this very room for interrogation.

The culprit was a very very powerful seer that went by the name of Reigna Joyce. Her name appears in no textbook or newspaper though, at the time, her name was as legendary as yours is now. Joyce was so powerful in fact, that she could predict so far into the future, that she saw the future beyond what we ourselves are yet to experience. She saw beyond hundreds of years.

Joyce saw Hogwarts under siege, the very walls of this home crumbled, students perished in their uniforms, screams from the creatures of the forbidden forest... she saw true and pure destruction of all that was held dear in the wizarding community, by members of it themselves. And the founders were mortified.

Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Godric Gruffindor were arguably the most powerful witches and wizards to ever set foot on earth. Combined, they had the power to do startling things and they did that, to protect their beloved school. Just as Salazar created his basilisk to protect the pure blooded race for centuries, the founders collectively created a life form to battle the war of the prophecy, created a life form that would be the shield of this home.

They created a girl, and they gave her all the qualities that they themselves deemed most important. Bravery, kindness, Wit and just enough sly mystery to keep the secrets Hogwarts held dear. They trained her, they did all that they could to provide for her what she would need in the future war and when the time came... they handed her a time turner. It was different from those you now know, this time turner took her forward, brought her here. To this time, never to return as the past has already been an gone.

And here, she met you. Originally, her purpose was to protect Hogwarts to end the war but when she met you, it changed. Because you are the way to end this war Harry Potter and therefore, her job is to protect you. When the war is over, her job is done. And maybe that means she will die, a necessary sacrifice as she does not belong here. Or maybe she shall live on, happily protecting the world. But for now, she fights. At your side.

I didn't ever mean to lie to you Harry. I never meant to do anything but do what my parents intended. I became your shield somewhere along the way. I feel your physical pain, for I am supposed to be stopping it. Though... I was never intended to fall in love with you. I was never intended to have true feelings of my own, feelings outside of my mission. But you changed everything. My parents are angry that I have made ties, made reasons to act selfishly. And every time I touch you, an ancient spell is aligned to cause me pain. But I'd feel that pain every minute of every day to merely hold your hand Harry Potter.

Perhaps you will never forgive me now, for all the secrets that have been told and the lies and betrayal. Perhaps, you never did feel the same way that I did, and this has just helped you come to the decision that I am not the one for you. But regardless, I will protect you until my dying breath Harry. I'll protect you until the seas run dry and the sun dies." She concluded, glad that he sat patiently, quiet as he listened.

"Azalea... nothing you ever tell me can ever change the way I feel about you. I told you that a long time ago and now I finally get the opportunity to prove it. Our lives may be doomed, and we may be young but I know for certain that I have never felt for anyone the way I feel for you. From that very first moment as you winked up at us from the hallway of Grimmauld place, I was hooked. I love you Azalea Hogwarts. The fact that you travelled centuries to be here, only makes me love you more. And i don't care if you are supposed to be the shield, the protector, I will always protect and defend you too. You're a human being Azalea, you deserve a life, you deserve love and happiness as much and if not more than the next person. I'm going to make sure that somehow, within all this war, you can have that. At least just for a second. You do not have to be selfless every second of every day Azalea. We'll find a way to break the spell that you have on you, so that when I kiss you, you can feel the love and not the pain. Because I intend on kissing you every day until my last day."

And in that moment, no pain, grief or sadness could contain them as she pressed her lips to his. For the first time, Azalea allowed her tears to fall continuously down her cheeks. She didn't need to be strong as she sat on his lap, in his arms.

Azalea Hogwarts and Harry Potter we're young, that much was true. But their love was prophesied through the centuries. She travelled through centuries to be with him and he accepted her despite all else. Azalea was the one person that Harry couldn't help but be selfish with. Because he loved her....