Four-Enter The Fairy

Peridot's pov

"Remind me why we've agreed to this?"

"Because. We're representing Crystal Prep on behalf of Mother." Yellen reminded me.

"And it will be nice to help some of the incoming freshmen feel more comfortable in their new surroundings," Pearl added. "I certainly felt a little more comfortable after Opal showed me around last year." I sighed. I couldn't argue with Pearl, she was too... persuasive. 

"Whatever. We just need to make sure we have our whole group and answer everyone's questions. We have a small group, only like five people." Yellen proceeded to put her reading glasses on and read the names. "Woah. Did you know Mr. and Mrs. Topaz have twins?"

"What?" Mr. Topaz was my Chemistry teacher, and his wife taught an advanced drama class. I knew of a few of their children. Everyone had met Imperial and Red, and I was pretty sure I'd seen an older daughter of their's around. "No kidding."

"Girls? If you'd like to join us in the auditorium for some opening statement then we can begin the tour." Mother said, motioning us in. 

We'd volunteered to give some new students a tour of the school. There were about thirty students awaiting a tour and twelve students giving tours. I ignored most of Mother's beginning statements, wanting to get the day done and over with.

"Peridot, are you coming on the tour or are you just going to stand there all day?" Yellen taunted. I growled and followed her and Pearl as we led our group. Yellen focused primarily on showing off different rooms and their purposes, and Pearl answered questions. Most of the questions came from one particular girl. She was short and wore a blue dress, and she had an extremely annoying accent. Her questions were redundant and she seemed almost like a child. She was always with the two girls who I assumed to be Mr. and Mrs. Topaz's twins.

"Peridot, why don't you  take some questions?" Pearl offered, clearly at the end of her rope. I sighed.

"Fine." The girl raised her hand. "Yes?"

"I was wondering about your school's gifted program. I require an extremely advanced curriculum." I sighed. Of course she was an advanced student. Why else would life send me such an annoying clod?

"Crystal Prep has one of the highest ranking advanced programs in the country."

"And do any of you participate in the program?" She looked at me and smirked. "Obviously I wouldn't expect you to, however." I growled at the clod.

"I'll have you know I had the second highest score on my advanced English final last year!" I retorted.

"Really? I honestly hadn't expected so much from a neandterthal."

"Why don't we continue the tour?" Pearl interrupted, placing a hand on my shoulder. The two girls behind the clod put a hand on either shoulder of hers.

We concluded our tour and returned to the auditorium. Everyone returned to their parents, who had been speaking to Mother. I was so excited to finally be rid of the gremlin.

"You do realize that you just said that out loud?"

"Gaah! When did you get here?" 

"I never left your side. I'm honestly surprised. For somebody who claims to be so intelligent, you're still a complete imbecile."  I scowled. This clod had overstepped many boundaries.

"Alright, let's do this-"

"Ah ah ah!" She held up a finger. "I don't think you want to do that."

"What do you mean?" She grinned, then turned towards an approaching woman. "Mummy!" She exclaimed, running towards the woman.

"Did you have fun, dear?"  The woman asked.

"Yes! I can't wait for school to start!" The woman took her hand and led her in the opposite direction, but she turned back and sneered at me. I returned the look.

"Are you really fighting with a nine-year old?" Yellen asked, approaching me.

"Yes-wait. She's only nine?"

(A/N) Oh boy.