Rubies & Emeralds (Scorose Fanfic)

© Copyright 2014 GenerallyThere19
All Rights Reserved.

This is yet another Harry Potter fan fiction :D God I love writing these :D OK, a few things I want to get straight: this is NOT a sequel to The Dragon And The Fire. According to that, Scorpius and Rose are cousins so it would be creepy. So no, this is not a sequel. But Scorpius' mother will continue to be Rebecca Malfoy (née Flame) and father Draco Malfoy. Only Rebecca used to be a Slytherin, not a Gryffindor. But she's still exactly like the Gryffindor Rebecca. Only different house. Rose Weasley continues to be Ron and Hermione's daughter. Just thought I should clarify things.

Another thing I wanted to say was THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR VOTING (1000+ :O) AND COMMENTING (250+ :O) AND MOST OF ALL READING (57,000+ :O) THE DRAGON AND THE FIRE (A DRACO MALFOY LOVE STORY)!!!!! :D :D I LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP AND ALL THE WAY BACK DOWN AGAIN :D <3 YOU ARE AMAZING :D <3 THANK YOU!! :D

----------------------------------------------

Rose Weasley stood in the living room of her house, trying to tell her mother that it was alright and that she didn't need to polish the badge anymore and that it was straight and reassuring her that she would take it off before she pulled on her robes so that it showed when she got off the Hogwarts Express. It was the Head Girl badge. And Hermione was probably fussing over it more than she herself was. Hermione would repeatedly polish it and straighten it (in spite of it being straight already) and then polish it again and then straighten it again. It was like an endless cycle.

"Mum, it's fine now. Mum, really." Rose said, for the millionth time.

"Hermione, if you polish it anymore, the words Head Girl aren't going to be there anymore. Then Rosie will just be a girl with an empty badge pinned to her robes." Ron said, coming into the living room with Hugo following. Hermione looked embarrassed and stopped. She turned to Hugo and said, "You need to take care of your sister OK? She mustn't lose her badge or any other part of her things while she's there."

"Yes mum." Hugo said, sighing. He was slightly taller than Rose but not as tall as his father. Rose was as tall as her mother now.

"Will James be at the platform?" Rose asked, looking at her mother. James had passed out a year ago and was now working at his uncle George's shop: Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. He was planning to work there until he landed a solid job elsewhere. Of course, being the famous Harry Potter's child did help you a great deal but James wanted someone to take him for him and not for his dad. While Harry admired him for it, Ginny suspected that it was because James couldn't be bothered to go look for another job when his job at the joke shop was paying fine.

"Yes, I expect he will. Ginny told me that he would be there." Ron said before Hermione could answer. Rose smiled. Hermione said, "It's a pity Albus didn't become Head Boy. You two would have made a good team."

"Yes Hermione. They would have made a team and called themselves Hermione Granger." Ron said and Hugo laughed.

"Be quiet, Ronald. I made a great Head Girl. Also, at least I completed my NEWTS. You chickened out and didn't do even that."

"Hermione! Don't ruin my paternal figure!" Ron said, taking the car keys off the mantelpiece, "At least I took a driver's license test and passed."

"You Confunded the driver."

"Minor details." Ron said, waving his hand as if shooing something off. Rose and Hugo laughed and Hermione rolled her eyes and shook her head. Then they left, shoving their trunks into the back of the car and getting in. Ron drove the car to the station and parked it outside, going inside to go to the platform.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scorpius lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, drowned in boredom. To be honest, he was dreading his return to Hogwarts. The only friend he had there was Charles Zabini, son of Blaise Zabini, the only person his father had bothered to keep in touch with. Sure, his father had other friends but they were just his friends because of his wealth. Honestly, he couldn't see why everyone thought his father was a bad person. His mother had explained it to him when his father wasn't around but he still didn't see it. His father didn't have a choice. His family's lives were at stake. Nobody seemed to understand how guilty his father felt or how upset he often got when there was news of a dark wizard being caught by Aurors. He would think that it could be him on the front page of The Daily Prophet (even though he wasn't a dark wizard) and get upset. Scorpius was thinking about all of this when his father knocked on his door. He propped himself up on his elbows and gave Draco a smile, "Morning."

"Hey, Scor. So, are you excited?"

"About what? Going back or being Head Boy? Because I am not particularly excited about either." He said truthfully.

"Both. I suppose. Well you should be. It's your last year. And what if the Head Girl is unbelievably attractive?"

"Who's unbelievably attractive?" Scorpius' mother, Rebecca asked, appearing at the door.

"Nobody.", "The Head Girl." Draco and Scorpius replied at the same time, Draco saying the former and Scorpius saying the latter. Rebecca laughed and said, "I suppose that was part of your father's motivating speech to get you excited about going back to Hogwarts."

"Well it excited me when I met you." Draco said, holding Rebecca's hand. Scorpius groaned and said, "Not in front of me!"

"Sorry sweetheart." Rebecca said, dropping her hand and grinning at Draco. Draco said, "We should get going if we want to get there on time. The train's going to leave without us otherwise."

"I wouldn't mind." Scorpius muttered, hoping neither of his parents would hear. Both of them did. Rebecca smiled and put a hand on his shoulder while Draco ruffled his hair. Scorpius was as tall as Draco was now. He sighed and wondered who the new Head Girl was and if she was, in fact, unbelievably attractive. With these thoughts, he got into the car and left for Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bonjour! I don't know where that came from. Anyway... so here is my Scorose fanfic. I've actually wanted to post this for a while now but never got around to doing it. Oh well. So here it is now and I hope you like it so far :D Also, I don't ship Dramione as much as I ship Scorose. I think Scorose is an OTP while Dramione is just a tiny boat somewhere. I'm sorry. I just don't ship it all that much.

VOTE, FOLLOW AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE IT! ESPECIALLY COMMENT! CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOMED AS USUAL AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT! I LOVE READING THE COMMENTS :D <3 THANKS FOR READING! :D

Au Revoir! (Don't ask...)

~RFM