t|wo

Song : Take My Love and Run by Bad Suns
(ik the song sounds low-key happy but I don't think the lyrics do lol) (unfortunately this chapter wasn't proof-read so I'm sorry lmao)

***

Yoo Kihyun

"Kihyun- Kihyun, please! I can explain-"

The moment he said that, I turned around with a bewildered (and frightening, even to me) smile plastered on my face. "What? Your roommate just happened to slip and fall into your bed naked?"

"Just hear me out, please," Minjun reached for my hands but I intercepted it, moving away. "it really isn't what you think it is-"

"So what was it? Is this a common thing? How long have you been playing me?"

Again, he reached for me and I pushed away his hands. "I swear to God if you touch me-"

"If you touch me what? What exactly will you do?" His tone was almost taunting. "Call the police? I'm pretty sure they'd be the ones to get their hands on you for being ga-"
It was a quick but hard punch directly to his nose bridge, sending him a couple steps back. He brought his hand to his nostril, blood staining his fingertips. "Okay, I deserved that. But baby, please let me explain."

"Don't you dare bring my sexuality into the fact you cheated on me, especially because you're as straight as a left turn," I hissed lowly. "I never want to see you again, and God help you if I do. And for the fucking record, I'm pan, you asshole."

Perhaps that was my wake up call; it had been weeks since I wondered if staying in Busan was for me. It was nice during my college years but here I was working in a hardware shop with a photography degree whilst I tried to support my studying boyfriend, who went ahead and cheated on me with his roommate.
So that was when I decided to pack my belongings and train my way to Seoul, paying for a two bedroom apartment.

And it was perhaps the best thing I had put my mind to; I had finally moved to a nicer place, where it was more than acceptable to dance in the middle of the kitchen in nothing but a t-shirt and my Calvin Kleins and dance to my hearts content as I drank coffee, like today.

"I genuinely thought you were seizing when the second chorus hit."

However, the one condition of this newly found freedom was Chae Hyungwon, my roommate. Part time model, full time gossiper, he honestly meant well but the lack of filter and his undying curiosity often got the best of him - if he caught you sighing, you better believe he would happily sit for the next two hours hearing your life story whilst sipping on a mug of Earl Grey tea.

"You're supposed to knock before you come in." I timidly said, trying to hide my bare legs behind the table.

"Into the bathroom or each other's rooms yes, not the kitchen," he rubbed his eyes before popping a bagel in the toaster. "want some or just coffee for you?"

"Just coffee for me. Are you working today?" He nodded. "I mean at the supermarket, not your weird modelling gigs."

"That was once, small person, and yes at the supermarket." He sighed. "Remind me to never rely on my looks or grades in my next life, unless I look this good, that is."