f|our

song : What You Want by Two Door Cinema Club

***

Yoo Kihyun

Slowly but surely, I rolled over to my phone, grabbing it to turn off the shrill alarm. I rubbed my eyes as my room fell back into silence, dimly lit by the sunlight filtered through my dark blue curtains. I fell back on my pillows with a fwump, raking a hand through my hair as I tried to plan out a day revolving around watching copious amounts of dramas, editing photos & eating my body weight in chocolate chip brioche bread.

I reached for my phone, scrolling through random notifications until my eyes landed upon a text from yesterday.

iMessage
Yesterday 19:53

unknown: hey! it's Changkyun, the guy from the park.

I sat up straight, staring intensely at the phone for a few seconds before I helplessly chuckled.
His shyness was adorable, and although I couldn't exactly remover his face too well, I could remember his panic stricken voice on the phone, which was cute.

As I prepared to type a reply, my bedroom door was swung open by a half shaved Hyungwon.

"Do you fucki-"

"Shh! You have to go, like, now," he started grabbing random clothing items from my wardrobe and throwing them at me. "I'm so sorry but I can't control her. I told her specifically not to come this week."

"What is happening?"

"My Mom is coming over and she doesn't know I share a house with a random guy or that I am more actively involved in modelling than actual school. If she found you here she'd probably burn you at the stake with me so if I was you, I'd bounce."

"Is she really that bad? Can't you just explain to her that I'm just crashing here?"

"She'll think I'm gay."

I snorted. "And you aren't?"

"She don't know that!" He whined desperately. I sighed, standing up. "I'll make it up to you, Kihyun, I promise. Thank you so much. Her train's at 6:30, you can come back for 6."

"I have 10 whole hours to kill," I sighed, ushering him out of the room to give myself privacy. I pulled on some ripped black jeans with vans, grabbing a black hoodie. "do I have time to at least get breakfast?

He pressed some cash into my hands. "Treat yo' self. She's literally in a cab on her way here, go on - go take pretty photos or something! It's lovely outside today."

I instinctively grabbed my camera and wallet leaving the apartment and stepping into the lift. As the doors opened on the ground floor I was greeted by a woman who was almost an identical copy of Hyungwon. She flashed me a rather fleeting smile as I held the lift doors open for her, before her lips returned to a thin line as the doors came to a close.

Intense, I thought to myself.

I stopped by a pretty coffee shop nearby, that had shelves of old, slightly tattered books and pretty flowers arranged on each table, ordering a latte and a breakfast bagel. Once I had ordered, I walked around the near empty joint, taking photos of some of the details up until my breakfast was placed on my table. I then sat down, beginning to eat when I remembered I could go into the shop and edit some photos to kill time, so I reached for my phone to let my manager know, & to also text back the cute guy from the park.

And from there, my head landed on the table with a light thud, for my phone was not in my pocket but on top of my nightstand, back in the apartment.