tw|enty three

song: Trauma by Seventeen (hip hop unit)
Y'all I'm so sorry for taking so long to update lately, every time I go to write something comes up and I'm like 🙃 hopefully over the next week I can get back on top of it or something fat sigh

Yoo Kihyun

Hyungwon stared deeply into his mug, processing what I was forced to vent to him after he caught me sighing dramatically in the kitchen for the fourth time in 10 minutes.
To be honest, in my presence at least, it was the longest he'd gone without speaking, and the slight dazed look in his eyes made him look far more innocent than his permanent 'I know all your secrets' smirk.

"And like," I spoke after another minute of silence, desperately trying to get him to react. Say something. "I have to edit her wedding photos, and she went about the night acting like nothing happened at all. I don't even know if she told M-"

"When was the last time you spoke with Changkyun?" He suddenly asked.

"Uh," I scratched my head. "we text everyday but properly speak? I'd say maybe since last week..it's been really awkward - I mean, I'm making it awkward because I don't know how to casually slip in that my ex-girlfriend kissed me an hour before she got married, you feel?"

"I don't, and I'm glad!" He exclaimed. "Naturally, your course of action is to tell him. You acting distant may seem good to you but it's probably freaking him out and making him think that he did something wrong. Just call him over and tell him straight up, I'll even go hide out in my room."

"He's going to hate me." I brought my hands to my face, dragging them through my hair in hopes that I would figure out another solution, but it never came - Hyungwon was right. I sighed yet again.

"I swear if you sigh again I'm gonna break my foot up your ass," he slid me my phone, standing up. "call him over. Changkyun seems understanding, he'll know it isn't your fault."

I mumbled at him, pressing on Changkyun's name. Within a ring, he'd picked up. "Hello?"

"Hi, how are you?" I said.

"I'm okay, was gonna call you and ask if I can come hide out at your house. My sister is insisting on practicing a water birth and I don't want to be anymore scarred than I am every night when I lay in my bed and think my niece was conceived right where I lay," he said, slightly strained as he stretched on the other end of the line. "unless you have any other plans, like I can go to Jooheon's but I would be third wheeling him and Minhyuk for the whole day and be very b-"

The second Hyungwon shot me a glare, I interrupted him. "Door's wide open."

"Nice, I'll get ready. Any snacks you want or can I bring anything?"

"You-" I pulled the phone away from my ear, my boyfriend suddenly hollering. Even Hyungwon raised his eyebrow suggestively. "I mean, bring whatever you want."

"Yeah, yeah," he laughed. "I'll be there soon."

And like that, he hung up. I dropped the phone, staring at Hyungwon. "That's that."

"Give me two knocks when you're done apologising so I can put on my noise-cancelling headphones, yeah?" He grinned as he left the kitchen, but not before I threw one of my slippers at his back.