n|ine

song: Lost by Frank Ocean
(Sadly I cant link this song as it isn't up on yt due to copyright bUT go listen and stan Frank Ocean because he's amazing)

Yoo Kihyun

"Hello?"

"Hi, Jooheon."

"Oh hey Kihyun, how are you?"

"I'm doing alright, and you?"

"Same here, to be honest. Everything alright?"

"Yeah, to an extent. I wanted to ask you about Changkyun. I know he said to give him time, but it's been a whole week and I have been dying to message him but I just want to respect what he asked me. Do you have any news on him?"

"He's getting there. I went to see him just now and he was actually out of his room having breakfast. I promise, he'll reach out to you soon enough, like, ever since what happened he's become terrible at making his feelings known but I can tell he likes you."

"May I ask what happened? It's fine if you don't want to talk about it."

"About a year and a half ago, one of our mutual friends died in a car accident and ever since then the slightest resemblance of that day can trigger these bad panic attacks for him and that's what happened last Tuesday."

"Oh."

"But it hadn't happened in months. I guess that's why it was more of a shock to him- it isn't my place to tell you, I'm sure he'll tell you when he's ready."

"Yeah, of course. Thanks for updating me, though."

"Gotchu bitch."

"Okay, I'm gonna go now. Bye."

"Later."

***

Im Changkyun

"Changkyun, could you help Youngjae dry up?" Mom asked once I sat down in the living room. I nodded, standing back up and walking to the kitchen.
I took one of the tea towels, wiping down the plates we'd used for breakfast. Youngjae looked at me, a second longer than he usually does. His eyes dropped once they met mine.

"Just because I had a slight breakdown doesn't mean you have to stop being mean to me - keep doing it. It's the only thing that makes me feel slightly normal." I chuckled and he nodded.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Getting there, Youngjae. Getting-" as I said that, one of the mugs slipped from my hands, and I stepped back, scratching my bare feet on one of the shards. "Fuck!"

Mom sprinted into the kitchen. "Are the two of you okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine. I just," I looked at my now bleeding foot. "I dropped a mug and cut myself."

"Oh God, Changkyun!" She exclaimed, searching for the first aid kit.

"Mom- Mom. It's fine, I'll just put a plaster on it," I hopped on my other foot. "the plasters are upstairs. I'll disinfect it, and put a plaster on it and some socks."