el|even

song : for him by Troye Sivan

(you know thee chapter is gonna be good when you don't even think twice about the song choice) (also I lied saying this would be up within hours of chapter 10 BUT HERE WE ARE ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º))

Im Changkyun

No part of me thought of letting Jooheon know about what was due to happen in about 20 minutes - it wasn't until when he appeared at my locker half conscious due to the flu & begging for some kind of warm beverage did I remember to tell him. However, at any thought of meeting Kihyun, my mouth suddenly didn't pick up the signals coming for my brain, so I simply resumed to blushing violently as soon as he mentioned coffee.

"Are you okay? You're bright red."

"So, I should probably - here." I handed him my phone, showing him the messages. His eyes squinted almost out of existence as he read but then suddenly tripled in size.

"Today?!" I nodded. "And you're going?!" I nodded again. This time he gasped so hard he choked, swinging open his locker and aggressively spraying himself and me.

"What are you doing?" I retreated from him.

"Oh, look at me. I couldn't be more bloated if I tried; oh well this is your day not mine, but it doesn't mean at any point that i'll let you show me up, we all know who's the real visual here." He sighed to himself.

"If that helps you sleep at night." I said. "but why are you getting yourself ready?"

"I'm coming with you just in case; don't give me that look, I'll clear out when I see he's a good person. You're just going to grab coffee, aren't you?"

"Yeah, and thanks. I was going to ask you but I'm too nervous to even put any thought into it."

"Well, you better start to think about it. Because it's happening-" he paused to sneeze. I flinched away in disgust. "sorry. Let's go before I contaminate anyone with Ebola."

***

Unlike two weeks ago, the sun was shining on a clear blue sky, multiple people opting to go out and enjoy the final remains of the autumn warmth, an occasional nippy breeze reminding that winter is coming.

I looked at my outfit again as we jumped off the bus; a pink hoodie with black jeans and vans, a denim jacket on top. Jooheon smiled at me encouragingly. "You look fine, promise."

I grinned back at him, the two of us setting off up near the Main Street by the university. I pulled out my phone.

kihyun 📸: just got here and ordered you a hot chocolate btw

make it two

kihyun 📸: two?

you'll see in literally 12 seconds

I looked back at Jooheon who had slowed down massively. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, you go ahead. I don't want to be the awkward third wheel when you guys are hugging and stuff," he said. "I'll catch up one you two get inside the coffee shop. Go get 'em, Kyun."