tw|enty five

song: 좋아합니다 (I Like You) by Day6
(iconic, makes me want to scream out the chorus in my broken English at the top of my lungs) (not proofread bc I'm tired lol)

[Months Later]

Im Changkyun

"Something is burning; whether that is the gown or every single shred of patience I have, we'll never know."

"Could you be quiet for literally 0.3 seconds before I yeet you with this iron so hard you'll want to grow your emo fringe again to hide the mark that will be left behind." My sister hissed, in such a way that I couldn't do much apart from stare back absolutely gobsmacked. She replied with a sweet smile, continuing to carefully iron the dark blue silk of my graduation gown.

It stunned me that the day was here already; I remember so distinctly walking into my accommodation and living off noodles for a big majority of my first year, trying to get a place with Jooheon and surviving roughly 3 months by ourselves until we called it quits and moved back home. Those years sped by, as we were just an hour away from graduating university.

"Did you feel this nervous when you graduated?"

"I was terrified, I didn't have a medical school to go into yet so I was wondering what the hell I was going to do if I didn't get into one," she chuckled. "but here we are, I made it through, met someone I love, and even had a child. You can do whatever the hell you want," Jaeun smiled at me through the mirror. "speaking of, is he coming today?"

"He should be? I think he just landed so he might get to the campus when we're taking photos." I reached for my phone, typing a message to Kihyun, who'd just came back from a photography gig in Italy. He told me that whilst he developed his photos during a slow time in the shop, some photography big name saw his work and begged for his portfolio and for his presence at a fashion show in Milan.

Time zones affected how often he replied to me (and how much he'd say, because he was either just waking up or going to bed), but the last time he spoke, he promised he'd make it to the ceremony.

ki 💛: just went past border control, now waiting for my luggage

ki 💛: I swear as soon as I'm get home I'm gonna pee real quick and then drive there, I should make it on time

welcome back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
and drive safe you ugly

ki 💛: ugh thank you 😪✊🏼 wyd

[you sent a photo!]