se|venteen

song: Intro: Serendipity by BTS
(ahhhhh this is probably in my top 3 BTS intros, Jimin really went, found his range & sound, and did t h a t I'm so in love)

Im Changkyun

After meeting Jaeun, my parents got to know Kihyun; he who impressed my Dad with his choice of wine & my Mom by helping her prepare the salad. Not long after that, he sat adjacent from me at the dinner table, offering me a bright smile. I looked around the empty kitchen, reaching forward to kiss his cheek. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah. Your family is lovely," Kihyun nodded. "everything's okay."

I grinned in response, the rest of my family entering the kitchen at that moment. Once everybody had sat down, I reached for Kihyun's hand underneath the table.
All it took was one gasp for us to pull away so fast I smacked my hand, doubling over the table in pain.

"Honey, are you okay? And Youngjae what's the matter?" Mom asked.

Directly behind us stood Youngjae, face twisting into a sly smile. "I knew it."

"Knew what?" Jaeun asked innocently, but her eyes were saying speak and I'll kill you more than anything. I shot him a pleading look.

"You owe me big time."

"The only thing I'll owe you is a decent funeral after I light your ass on fir-"

Kihyun snorted mid-sip, and my Mom sighed. "Changkyun!"

"Sit." I told my younger brother, who didn't hesitate to quickly park himself beside me.

"So Kihyun, do you live with your parents?" my Mother's interrogation begun.

"No, I came up here alone after university," He replied politely. "my parents live in Busan."

"Such a lovely place. Is that where you studied too?" My Dad joined, but Kihyun only nodded, continuing to eat. "What did you study?"

"Photography, but I might enrol this year and do postgraduate Film Studies or Digital Marketing." I stole a glance at my boyfriend, hiding my smile behind a napkin as I pretended to wipe my mouth.

"You should do it," Doyoung piped up. "Marketing is really fun, and Film Studies sounds really interesting." 

"That's impressive," Mom commented to my shock. "any girlfriends in your life? There must be; you're very handsome."

This time it was my turn to choke. Jaeun (and even Youngjae) and I exchanged a brief, panicked look. It was during this that Kihyun swiftly held my hand in his, placing it on his lap.

"Ah, thank you, Mrs Im & I do have a significant other, yeah."

Our eyes fleetingly met, before I carried on eating. I looked to the side, and my Dad has his stare focused on the two of us. He simply looked down at his food, a small smile on his face.

"Significant other? Just say girlfriend!" Mom laughed, but it was short-lived, because nobody laughed with her. I shifted in my seat. What, don't tell me you're ga-"

The whole table apart from Kihyun sighed in distress (even Doyoung). "What? What? It's a valid question!"

"I-"