tw|enty four

song: Try Again by d.ear ft NCT Jaehyun

(I have listened to this song at least once everyday since it came out but recently I realised it had a music video and I'm just that much more in love with it JAEHYUN LOOKS ETHEREAL uwu but also I'm so sorry for neglecting the hell out of y'all but lately I have just been drawing up a blank & thinking of ways of wrapping up the book but I have a rough idea!!
If you count the epilogue(???) we're 2 chapters away from the end DJDJDJSJSJ) (also Hixtape sndndn I have no hair and it's literally -4°C)(hello I'm so sorry this took so long but it's extra long and soft too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

[two months later]
Im Changkyun

I laid down, letting my eyes flutter shut as a breeze blew over me. A patch of my face grew warm, and I draped an arm over it to block the sunlight.
For the first time in roughly three days, I found time to lay down in my own company; and with the weather significantly warmer than before, laying down in the garden was somewhat acceptable.

It wasn't long until my eyelids became heavier with sleep, and I was almost there until I felt someone hover above me. I snapped open my eyes, meeting another pair of brown, warm ones. "Wow, is it that bad?"

"I never thought taking care of a newborn would be so tiring," I chuckled, Kihyun laying beside me now. "She's one month old but she's hyper."

"I can only imagine," he chuckled, leaning on his elbow so he was looking over me, one hand absentmindedly touching my cheek. "you should have just rested instead of calling me over."

"No, this is perfect, they went to my aunt's so they'll be back quite late, and it's not like Youngjae cares about our presence so yeah, it's fine," I smiled. "I haven't seen you in a while. Fancy seeing you here? On this day?"

I hoped that he took the bait and remembered but all he did was laugh gently. "It's been 7 days, and it's not like we haven't been texting non stop and I don't call you every night."

"Okay, but, what if, just what if," I gestured for him to come closer, and he leaned over until our noses were touching. "what if I just missed you?"

"Hmm, that's fair," Kihyun leaned the rest of the distance, planting several pecks on my lips before proceeding to lay his head on my shoulder. "I missed you too."

The patch of sunlight grew in size, the afternoon rays now shining down on the two of us. After that - and for a while - none of us bothered to say much more, and it was nice.
As much as I claimed I was independent, wherever Kihyun went I would most likely follow him without questioning it. And the fact that months and seasons had passed since we met, but I still felt like my heart could jump out through my mouth whenever I see him told me that it wasn't a passing crush, as most would believe.

It was moments like this, when we were just laying together and doing nothing that I was reminded of how much I loved him.

"What are you thinking about?" He craned his head.

"Just..stuff," I shrugged, moving my arm from my side and around him, to pull him closer to me.

"What the hell your neighbours would think if they walked out and saw us like this," he laughed. "but just stuff too, I guess."

"Are you doing anything tonight?" He asked after a few more seconds of just the leaves rustling.

"Not that I know, why's that?"