ei|ghteen

song: stigma by my mans Taehyung
(aka the song capable of making everybody his bitch I don't make the rules)

Im Changkyun

"Listen, what is wrong with you? You've had that goofy smile on your face since this morning," Jooheon sighed, putting his books back into his backpack. "like, did you smash or-"

"God, no," I sighed. "Nothing! I'm just in a good mood, like, for once everything is okay all at once, so I am happy."

It wasn't a total lie; in fact, it was at least 96% of the truth.
A week and a bit had passed since the chaotic dinner at my house, and Jooheon had finally returned to school, just waiting to be fully healed from surgery to get back to playing as his ankle had  finally healed. His return also brought along our midterm grades, and the hard work had finally paid off, A's and B's written on my report card.

At home, the excitement grew for my soon due nephew and Jaeun's wedding, each afternoon consisting of hand-making invitations, phone calls & arrangements for everything whilst downing several glasses of champagne when nobody is looking.

And as for Kihyun? I guess he accounts for the other 4% of my happiness.

"It's nice to see you this happy," My best friend smiled. "Since I have been humbled by your genuine happiness, and it's a Friday & the end of my antibiotics, chicken and drinks? On me."

"Can I bring a plus one? Kihyun came to pick me up but we didn't know what to do. Plus we don't have to walk if he comes."

"Yeah, it's whatever. I might have to run after, I have plans which involve seeing a cute brunette known for making my appendix rupture," he smirked and I started hollering. "stop it's nothing major, I'm just dropping by his workplace to take him some dinner-"

Whilst he said these words, he started at his phone screen, lips forming a tight frown. "Oh my fucking God."

"What? Let me see-"

"No. It's better not," around us, people stared at me. I furrowed my eyebrows, reaching for his phone. "Changk-"

I was greeted by a tweet on Namjoo's account, showcasing a photo of Kihyun and I when we met up after she walked me to the park. The caption was a rainbow flag emoji.

My voice failed me horribly, a lump growing in my throat to the point I thought it would only carry on expanding & eventually burst. It never did, and I was left breathless, gasping all while trying to speak. "I-she-"

"I should have never trusted that snake with her thrifted 2014 Prada shoes. Come on, let's get out- keep staring and the last thing you'll see is me gauging out your damn eyes with hot spoons I fucking dare you."

He grabbed my hand, quickening his pace through the corridors & down the stairs. I was too stunned to react, my feet moving for reasons I can't even explain, Since to me everything had come to a standstill. All eyes were on me.

They all know.

We crossed the PE corridor and entered the main, the entrance in sight. Along with Minjae and his friends. Upon seeing me, he threw his hands in the air. "Changkyun! Congratulations. Why didn't you tell us?

"Mind your own business, Minjae." Jooheon snapped but even his growing anger could take away the cocky smile on his face.
This was it, the moment after our fight at the party in which he would humiliate me once and for all. I grew small, standing behind Jooheon.