tw|elve

song: 3005 by Childish Gambino

(the song that shaped this book holy crap I have had this chapter planned since I thought of the idea whilst in the shower jamming to this very song fINALLY :'))

Im Changkyun

I found him perched on one of the benches, his knees drawn up to his chest, eyes staring at his phone. I fell into the seat beside his. "I'm here."

"You're fast. It's been 10 minutes." He chuckled.

"Your unpredictability baffles me."

"Well, serendipity doesn't wait for anybody, so it's always good to be on your toes," he said. "and what would be the fun about being able to predict someone's every moves?"

"Did the photography course also teach you how to talk your way through each situation?" I raised an eyebrow and he chuckled. "What's the plan?"

"I wanted to visit the amusement park at the actual park, but I didn't want to come alone. Shall we?" I nodded, and the two of us began walking.
It was cold by now, just minutes until 9pm. My parents didn't even bother to question exactly why I had suddenly decided to spend the night at Jooheon's; it was so frequent that we both have plenty of clothes & toiletries at each other's houses just in case there was a sudden sleepover or anything.

I was pulled from my thoughts when I felt Kihyun's arm link into mine. However, he didn't bother to acknowledge it, so neither did I. "I haven't been to an amusement fair in so long. They had really nice ones in Busan."

"This one is good, we go to it every year as a family thing. The Ferris wheel is my favourite."

He looked at me curiously. "How come?"

"I don't know. It's just nice to be on top of the world for a bit, and feeling this weird omnipotence. I don't know, it's hard to explain." I said, looking around. He, however, never stopped looking at me, until he tripped over, of course.

"Christ."

"Yes, irs him telling you to stop staring at me."

"If so he shouldn't have made you so adorable." He didn't hesitate to snap back, innocently smiling. Like always, all I could do was blush.

The two of us then just enjoyed the silence until we reached the park, filled with couples and families. We collected wristbands and entered, spending the next 45 minutes between rides moving far too fast & wasting money on prizes we just knew we couldn't get.

"You really suck at darts."

"Speak for yourself, I at least hit the target!"

"But you still didn't win anything."

"God you were born to argue." I laughed as we walked to the queue for the Ferris wheel. I inhaled excitedly, the queue seeming to move faster. Kihyun smiled at my excitement, his arm again around me.
We were assigned a booth, and after the door was closed, the wheel started to move.

I suddenly darted forward, the booth moving slightly. "Look, this scenery is perfect for you to take photos of. You can see everything from here-"