f|ive

song : Walking On A Dream by Empire of the Sun
(yo I went to a concert and this was one of the songs they played as people were getting into the arena and I kid you not it sounded like the main act was on stage EVERYBODY🗣WAS🗣SINGING🗣)
- also, since changkyun and kihyun have now actually texted each other, this book is going to be part prose & part texting because sometimes it's a bit tiring to think up a whole plot for one chapter + it low-key slows down the book too ?? IT WILL BE LIT I PROMISE *heavy breathing*

Im Changkyun

Contrary to popular (Jooheon's) belief, I didn't  type out a reply at unholy speeds and anxiously throw my phone aside as I yelled into a pillow out of anxiety. Instead, I started at the screen, inciting his concern.

"Kyung?" He asked and I looked at him. "What's wrong?"

"No, nothing it's just," I sighed. "he texts like Soonyoung. That's all."

"Oh..-"

"No, I'm moving on, remember? I'm moving on," I fell back on the bed. "moving on."

With a fierce, determined glare, I typed out a reply.

hi, it's okay. And I'm good thank you, and you?

kihyun 📸: ahh I'm glad to hear, I'm great, thank you ☺️

"All good?" Jooheon asked again and I nodded. "Okay good, I have to go because my Dad apparently wants to lecture me on why I am always at other people's houses and never invite them over. Do you remember what happened last time you went there? Your future children were in jeopardy."

It was true; Jooheon's sister was down with chicken pox that day, and because we felt a bad we agreed to stay with her and she suggested a tea party. Meanwhile preparing the tea, a whole litre of freshly boiled water had fallen on my thighs as a result of her dropping the kettle on me.

The thought alone of the following weeks made me shiver. "Yes."

"Precisely," He pursed his lips. "see you tomorrow?"

"Of course." I nodded as he left my room, loudly yelling his goodbyes to the rest of my family before the front door slammed shut.
I laid back on my bed, placing my feet against the wall.

I'm not good at these things, by the way. I tell you now that I'm very awkward lmao

kihyun 📸: that makes two of us 😂

kihyun 📸: much to your luck, however, university has taught me a load of ice breakers so fear not

to be honest, I would rather take 55 razor scooters to the bare ankle than tell the class a fun fact about myself, but never did I say that out loud

hit me

kihyun 📸: hmm

kihyun 📸: oddly relatable 😂 okay, what are you studying ?

English literature and Korean studies

let me guess, did you take photography?