Chapter 16: The Understanding of Magic

Sorry for the late chapter guys I've been busy with school. And I've recently start my YouTube channel. The link will be on my page.

Kori's pov

I trailed behind Neon, Kira, and Yuki. The four of us were heading to class. I knew something wasn't right with Neon. I could feel it. Everything that has happened to her lately could be just starting to get to her. I don't believe that I know something's not right. I'll let her come to me and not throw it in her face. We finally got to class. Oh not her. Shelby was already there. It wasn't like I was afraid of her or anything. I just find her to be a nuisance in our lives. She has a crush on Kira and Yuki- no she a fangirl of Kira's and Yuki's they don't get a break from this girl. Kira doesn't even look like she has the patience for Shelby today. And Neon doesn't even seem social enough to deal with it. She'll probably let Kira have her way with her, most likely letting her throw Shelby in the trash can. Yuki will be polite to her like he always is, it's his job in the end with his family and all.

"KIRA-KUN YUKI-KURN!" Shelby basically yelling at them.

"Why does she have to be here." Kira groaned.

"We all feel the same about her Kira." I said to her.

"Yeah I know" She said.

I look over at Neon her face hasn't change since earlier.

"She must be thinking hard about something. She can't notice our conversation or even Shelby." Kira said.

"What could she be thinking about?" I asked.

"Beats me." Kira shrug her shoulders.

"She could be thinking about what had happen yesterday." Yuki said.

"Woah! Don't have to be creepy and jump in our conversation like that." I said.

"Well I'm your friend aren't I. I was listening the whole time. Look Kira sorry about my dad yesterday. He probably creep you two out." Yuki said.

"Ummm.....thanks Yuki. I'm more concern that he creep Neon out the most. Her and my dad had an argument abou it yesterday." Kira said.

"Oh kids and their parent get in argument all the time it's normal." Yuki said.

"My dad isn't her real dad she grew up with. He's her foster dad. There's no real connection between them. I know how she is and feels about it. Neon really just want her parents back." Kira said to us.

"I know what it's like not growing up without a dad. I lost mine when I was seven." I said sadly.

"Yeah I know. I just don't like seeing her in pain. She's my best friend and she's like the sister I always wanted. I'm glad for the relationship I have with Neon but not at the extend of her own suffering." Kira said sadly.

"Is world isn't fair to kindest of hearts. That's what my mom said." I said to them. Mom always has tried to teach me about that kind of stuff she know whati it's like living an unfair lifestyle.

"Neon is an example of it." Yuki said sadly.

"Let's stop talking about before she hears us." Kira said.

Yuki and I agreed to her request.

"How's my favorite boy?" Shelby ran up and asked Kira. Putting arms around her neck from behind. Poor Kira.

"I'm not in the mood Shelby now get off me and go bother someone else." Kira said coldly without looking at her.

"You sound like Neon!" Shelby whined.

"Shelby leave Kira alone he's not in the best of moods today." Yuki said politely to Shelby.

"In other words get. off. of. Kira. before. you. make. me. in. an. even. worse. mood. than. I'm. in." Neon said slowly and dangerously glaring at Shelby. I sending a shiver down my spine and I thought Lady Himeko, mom, and Kira have bad temper and moods at times. Neon was just scary. I vow never to try to make her angry ever!