Chapter 24: Yuki's choice

I walked into father's office. Yuki know this couldn't be good.

"You wanted to see me father," I said walking in father's office.

"Oh yes I did," Father said.

"What is it for," I asked.

"It's a mission your very first mission," Father said to me.

"What kind of mission is it," I asked. This couldn't be good. They probably found some Magi in Tokyo and my father is going to assign me to a team.

"I'll explain. Recently we have found some Magi and I need you and your team, that's going to be assign to you, you and your team are going to go find the Magi and eliminate them," Father explain to me.

"Father don't you think that it's a little early for me to be going on missions," I asked father. I know that I couldn't go around killing innocent people. Maybe there's away around it.

"It might be, but I need you for this," Father said to me.

I breathed out "Alright,"

"I get it you're nervous about going on your first mission. I know this isn't the exact mission I should send you on, but we are in need of AMPs these days. It's not like the time I grew up in where drafting happened. There was also the choice to join. It's been a little tradition in our family to do so," Father said to me. Well he is talking to the wrong person if he thinks that I'm going to. I just have to play along with Father's game.

"What team are you going to put me on," I asked.

"Team Beta," Father said. Why team Beta they are the most ruthless AMP team there is.

"I know what you're thinking why would I assign you to team Beta," Father said.

"You're right," I said.

"They're the only team there is available for the mission," Father said.

I left the room before my father could say anything else. This is the one thing that I was trying to avoid. I don't even know if I could take an innocent life. Like Neon said magi are people too. I believe in what she said. Mother always told me to do the right thing.

Flashback

I was right seven when mother told also on the same day I saw my own father kill someone. I think it was a magi so was it the right thing to do. At time I didn't know the difference between them. I was at home with mother. She just finish talking to father.

"Mother," I said.

"Yes Yuki," Mother replied.

"What father did. Was it the right thing to do," I asked her.

"Yuki I believe what only determines right from wrong is how you see it. Yuki can you promise me that no matter what happens in your life also do the right thing what you determine what it is," mother said. I was the plead in her eyes she didn't want me to turn into a killing machine. She didn't want to be just like my father. Mother was such a sweet, kind, a good person. I always to aspire to be like her. From that day forward, I promise myself that I would do what's right on my own conditions. I wasn't going to be my father's child. I was going to be my mother's. The next day I found out my best friend, Kori's father had died. It made me hate my father even more.

************
"Hey rookie," I heard a female's voice. I look up to see a girl and two guys.

"I assume you're team Beta," I said.

"Smart and cute. I like him," the girl said.

"Sorry about her she can be a bit anxious to meet new people, but she's one of the best. I'm Toshio, she's Mika, and he's Shoji," Toshio said.