H&Q-48

30. Allah is Al-Lateef The Subtle One

Such is God, your sustainer:
there is no deity save Him, the Creator of everything:
worship, then, Him alone —
for it is He who has everything in His care.
No human vision can encompass Him,
whereas he encompasses all human vision:
for He alone is unfathomable, all-aware.
Al-An’am 6:101-3

H&Q-48

1. Nothing is small, except what He makes small; and nothing is large, except what He makes large. Ask Him to make your problems appear small in your eyes, and your blessings to appear large.

2. The path of least resistance and a life of convenience is 'safe' and comfortable, but won't grow or develop you.

3. We think sometimes we're only drawn to the good, but we're actually drawn to the authentic. We like people who are real more than those who hide their true selves under layers of artificial niceties.

4. Why are we so quick to throw our boys to the wolves? When we give them the freedom to come and go as they please, to have friends we don't know, to have their own laptops and iPhones, to spend hours on the Internet, unmonitored, to stay out until late with no questions asked, do we think they have some sort of gender-specific forcefield that will protect them when we fail to? A forcefield that will protect them from others, both online and on the street, and from themselves? This is not how boys become the kind of men the Ummah needs them to be. We have double standards when it comes to the acceptable behaviour of boys and girls, and our boys are suffering from our neglect as a result.

5. Detachment does not even mean that we cannot own things of this life (dunya). In fact many of the greatest companions were wealthy. Rather, detachment is that we view and interact with the dunya for what it really is: just a means. Detachment is when the dunya remains in our hand – not in our heart. As 'Ali (ra) expressed beautifully, “Detachment is not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you.

6. We look for heroes in movies and comic books. But the real heroes are often hidden in unspoken places. Sometimes they don't even know who they are. But, if your heart is open, you'll recognize them on your path. I feel honored to have known so many in my life.

7. Life is not a having and getting but a being and a becoming.

8. Indeed, adversity has touched me, and you are the Most Merciful of the merciful. Alhamdulillah he Rabbil Alaameen.

9. Good company is a gift from Allāh.

10. No saying is greater than the saying of the heart.

11. If you have Allah; You will never walk alone.

12. You must likewise convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed, and whatever He decrees for you, is most appropriate and most beneficial, even if the nature there of is a mystery.

13. Poverty that connects you to Allah is better than wealth that cuts you off from Him.

14. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.

15. Good intentions are the most beautiful of secrets.

16. Whoever speaks evil about you behind your back, do not become angry for they are in reality giving you their good deeds on a golden plate.

17. The Beloved Prophet sallAllahu alaihi wasallam wouldn't tell people off for how bad they were but instead would teach them how to be better.

Lets learn from this inshaAllah.

18. La illaha illAllah muhammadur rasoolAllah

May these words be uttered during our last breaths, inshaAllah, Ameen ya rabb.

19. When everything seems broken, pray.

20. Dua request:

Asalaamualaikum if you wouldnt mind could u please ask the members of this page to make dua for my friend who is going through a very stressful time in her life she has overdosed herself and is currently in QE hospital recovering. Please make dua she has a quick recovery and she is able to deal with the stresses better.

JazakAllah once again.

May Allah make it by all means easy and manageable for her. Ameen!