Chapter 1

A few years after Sonic's return, Sonic and Shadow have been discussing a few things lately, and that involves something big. Really, big. A month after Sonic turned back to "normal", the couple soon realized that Sonic still has the transformation, except, this time is an adult werehog. From then on, every single night, Sonic would change into his Werehog form, but his mind still remains the same. They were both glad that Sonic still has his mind, but one incident made that thought change a little. Not Long ago, Eggman attacked the city, and all of Sonic's friends along with himself as a werehog and his mate started fighting back like they always do. But, Eggman was able to grab Shadow at one point, and that's when it happened. Sonic enraged and his werehog senses took control of him, he destroyed Eggman's hover vehicle just so he could save his mate, and it also took Shadow sometime to finally gt Sonic back to his senses. Sonic was ashamed that day, and couldn't forget about it even if he tried, because Shadow's effort cost him to have a few injuries. Shadow tried his best to help his partner, and slowly was able to make him get that scene off his mind for now. Despite that incident, Shadow still loved Sonic the same, and Sonic still loved Shadow the same as well. They have been discussing with their friends if they could help Sonic be rid of the curse upon him, and their friends gladly decided to help in whatever way they can, while Tails did the biggest help of helping them find a cure to it. Sonic never felt any happier for his little brother, and gave a lot of brotherly hugs or that offer. But of course, Sonic couldn't forget about his mate too. The other person who's helping him the most in this situation, and he's grateful to have him by his side at all times. Now it is sunset, and Sonic and Shadow are in the living room, preparing for another night.

Shadow: *puts a new pair of shoes and gloves in the bedroom, and slowly comes back down to the living room* Sonic?

Sonic: I'm still here, Shadow. Don't worry.

Shadow goes to Sonic and sits beside him on the couch, as they slowly watch the sun set.

Shadow: Are you ready? Because I'm not, every single time.

Sonic: Yeah, I'm ready, and don't worry. *puts a hand on Shadow cheek to slowly turn his head to face him* I'm gonna be alright.

Shadow: *looks deep into his eyes and sighs while taking out a piece of cloth* Okay.

Sonic and Shadow kissed each other, as the sun went down at the exact moment them pulled. Sonic and Shadow immediately went outside so that there's enough room for the transformation, and when the moon came out, Sonic too a deep breath and braced himself for the worst. Shadow silently stood on the porch while whimpering, as he watch his partner take form of the other being. Sonic knelt down and started breathing heavily, as his fur started getting longer and his hands and claws getting bigger and sharper, ripping through the gloves that were keeping them in. His tails grew longer and teeth became longer and sharper, and one the transformation is complete, he lifted his and started howling towards the moon. Shadow shivered a little, as he continued to watch. Then, Sonic turned his head around to face Shadow, Shadow froze and started shivering harder. Sonic approached him slowly and Shadow moved back from every step Sonic took until he hit the wall, and once Sonic and Shadow are face to face, Sonic gave Shadow his usual loving smile to him, trying to show that he's in control. Shadow saw the look and calmed down, he then placed a hand on Sonic's cheek to see if he's really there. Sonic smiled brightly and leaned into Shadow's touch while purring, and Shadow hugged Sonic after knowing that he really is in control. They snuggled closely together as their night began, but that's just one of the many nights that they have to go through. Soon, in future, many things will happen and they will have to be prepared for them as well.

TBC