Chapter 22

The next day, as Shadow's side continues to progress in their way, the commander meanwhile has just received word that Shadow's side had been under attack by Eggman, and immediately wanted the freedom fighters to gather and tell them about it. However, as he stood up from his seat in his office, he had second thoughts about the situation. Why was Eggman's attack at such a specific timing? It couldn't have been that coincidental for his fleet to just appear out of nowhere and attack like that in the air, there's got to be more that just that, and how did he even know where they were going? All these questions still seem to be unanswered, and from what the soldier told him, it was only half of Eggman's fleet that attacked as well.

What exactly is Eggman planning? And what does he know of his plans for Shadow?

In the end, he decided not to tell the freedom fighters, but instead, look around the room for anything suspicious. He continued to search until, he eventually got his whole company to look around the building for anything that seems out of the ordinary in any place around the building. Before he can fully confirm his suspicions. However, unknown to anyone in the entire city even the freedom fighters, a figure clothed in a cape hood who is invisible to the eyes of anybody, slowly made it's way through the hallways of GUN's Base, until he's finally able to exit the building from the automatic side door with the help of some workers leaving or entering the building. Once it was outside, it quickened it's pace and hurried over to Eggman's base, which is hidden underwater.

It made it's way through a thick forest just outside the west side of the city, before coming to a cliff and jumped off. As it fell, he pressed a button on it's wrist watch, and the water started to separate, exposing a secret passage to Eggman's base. Once it's entered, the entrance closed to be hidden once more, and the figure landed right in the center of the cylinder shaped room that leads to the hanger of all sorts of war ships. It passed through crowds of robots repairing other robots, ships or other types of equipment, until it finally reached the control room, where the doctor himself was waiting for it's arrival. It stood in front of him as he took off it hood - revealing a white hedgehog with ocean blue eyes, and quills just like sonic's, with a tan muzzle and peach arms and stomach - to speak.

???: Eggman. The GUN commander has risen the security levels in the building after hearing news of your attack on Shadow and his friends, but he has not yet told the freedom fighters about it. What is your next order?

Eggman hummed in thought after hearing that, he didn't think through carefully of what he intended to do after sending Shadow his "have a safe trip" gift with his fleet, so he's a little empty with ideas at this point.

Eggman: Hmm...just keep an eye on the commander for now. If he tells that blasted hedgehog what just happened, he will no doubt come to me and finish me off for trying to destroy his new family. Go and continue spying on the commander, if he tells Sonic, let me know immediately.

The figure kneeled down on one knee while nodding before standing back up and walking off, back to the entrance. As the figure left the base ones more, Eggman continued to think through what he should do in his situation, because he could use the fact that the commander is not telling the freedom fighters about what he did, as an opportunity to use against the freedom fighters somehow. Then an idea came in mind, and laughed evilly as he made his way out of the control room and into the robot hanger.

Meanwhile, the heroes are currently training together in an open field somewhere in the middle of the forest. Though, not all are facing against each other. Tails is sitting under a tree with Rotor, using his portable computer to keep tabs on GUN and what's going on is secret with the help of the commander. He was able to connect his computer to the commander's thanks to Rouge before she left, and is now looking through the recent documented events that have taken place. Such as the search for any suspicious activity in the building of some sort. He figured that it'd be good to know what's going on in the base to keep in track with the trouble that may happen in future, and it has helped several times, with the commander's consent of course.

He started looking through even more on the events going on in the city after receiving the news about stranger activity happening in the GUN base, because if this kind of search is going around in the building of GUN, then that could be concerning. There could be a spy that Eggman has sent to keep tabs on what is going on as well, and since they have yet to hear from the commander about how Shadow's journey to Westopolis is going, this makes this situation just as concerning, so he went to see the latest news on the city's most trusted news station, and what he heard next, got him fearing the worst.

Computer: "Good afternoon Mobotropolis, and welome to the afternoon news. We have just received word from the commander of G.U.N. that the fleet that he was sending to Westopolis had been attacked by Eggman, and the sheer size of Eggman's forces that attacked his fleet was only half of what the evil doctor usually sends out for an attack. The G.U.N. fleet was sent to help send Shadow The Hedgehog, who is currently with child, to Westopolis for protection from the evil doctor. With two other fellow Freedom Fighters there to support the transport. Thankfully Shadow and his friends are still safe, and hopefully reach Westopolis safely too, as Eggman's forces are still following the G.U.N. fleet at this moment."

Tails and Rotor did not like the sound of that at all, and unknown to them, the others were listening behind them, and they heard everything as well. They turned around and gasped at the sight of seeing everyone around them out of the blue, and speaking of blue, they began to feel worried about Sonic when they have turned their gaze to him specifically. He had his hands balled in fists as he tried to calm himself by breathing deeply, as his eyes started to change colors between Emerald Green and Mid Dark Green, which is alarming, because it means that Sonic is close to transforming into a werehog in mid day. Scourge went to his side and put a hand on his shoulder.

Scourge: Calm down blue, like the lady said. Shadow is still safe, so that mean's that he's still able to make it to Westopolis.

Sonic takes a deep breath before replying.

Sonic: Right, but she also said that Eggman's forces are still following them, meaning that they may not be able to reach there in time, before Eggman completely destroys them all. We have to help them!

He said as he turn towards Scourge with a worried look. The others looked at them and nodded in agreement.

Knuckles: He's right. GUN's forces can only hold off Fatso for so long. We gotta stop him before he truly does something to Shadow and the baby.

Mephiles: Not only Shadow, but Rouge and Silver too.

Amy: Then we have to get moving now so we can catch up to them! Since Eggman has already started attacking, there's no doubt that they are now moving faster then before to reach Westopolis sooner!

Rotor: But not all of us can keep up with some of us.

Sonic: Then those of us who can come with me will come with, those who can't will head to Eggman's base and find a way to shut down the fleet.

Everyone nodded at that plan, and immediately split themselves up to two different groups. Amy, Knuckles, Rotor, and Tails on one team, and Scourge, Fleetway, Mephiles and Sonic on the other. Sonic's group heads for Shadow, while Tails's group heads for Eggman's base, to somehow destroy the Eggfleet from the base.

TBC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! Sorry I have been gone for so long, I was struggling through my studies, but thankfully I was able to finish this chapter! Hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to vote for it! Bye!!