Chapter 15

Once the couple reached home, Sonic gently sat Shadow down on the couch and help him with whatever he needs from now on before nightfall, which is in another two hours and thirty minutes, so they have to be quick. Shadow is still feeling the baby kicking quite hard, so he can't do things by himself now, since the pain is a little unbearable at the moment.

Shadow: *rubbing his belly while hissing in pain* Ow...Honey help me turn on the cooling system, it's boiling hot in this house.

Sonic: Right away dear.

He runs to the basement to switch on the cooling system, since the house is built to withstand any climate whether. As he was doing so however, Shadow called out again, but it wasn't a pleasant one.

Shadow: *from the living room* Honey! Help me! It hurts!

Sonic did not like the sound of that at all, and quickly raced back up to Shadow once he was done. When he came in, he was glad to see no water patches anywhere, but he didn't like seeing the pained expression on Shadow's face as he held his swollen belly. He immediately sat down and hug Shadow to help sooth the pain if he could. Then Shadow unexpectedly snatched Sonic's left hand that was on his shoulder and put it onto his belly.

Shadow: *panting slightly* The baby missed you. ...It couldn't stop trying to..."find" you.

Sonic smiled after he heard that, he didn't think his baby would miss that much. It's probably because he was always there for both it and it's mother when they needed him the most. There was one time when Shadow had an accident in a public shopping mall and made quite a mess when he tried to reach for something, and felt so guilty to a point he started crying, but he was there for them and helped fix everything even though the glass that he broke will never be fixed again.

Sonic: Aw~ *starts rubbing Shadow's belly soothingly* It's okay little one, I'm right here now. I missed you too.

Sonic then leaned in and lay his head gently onto Shadow, listening his baby's heartbeat and feel it move around in a much more relaxed motion now that it can hear its father,as Shadow laughed a little from the touch.

Shadow: I think it will be just like you, since it likes to move around so much.

Sonic: Haha! Maybe. It wouldn't matter if it's like me in the end, but no matter what, I will always love it.

Shadow: Great to hear, but we should really get ready for the night.

Sonic: Oh right. *gets up* Let's get prepared.

Ever since the wedding ending, it was expected that Sonic will continue to transform into the werehog from that night on, and so it did. The couple has made a clear routine for the these particular nights for the five months, because they're now not just taking care of Sonic's predator like being, but also the child that Shadow is carrying. The baby does not like staying up late at night one bit, since Shadow tends to tune in early every night, it wasn't a shock to know that the baby has its dislikes about the situation, but they're still happy to see that their baby is okay with its father's werehog form.

Once everything was prepared, the couple went outside to the back and waited until the sun is completely down for night. However, before they could step out of the back door, there was a knock on the front door.

Sonic: I'll get it. Coming!

In less then a second, Sonic reaches the door and opened it to see Fleetway, Scourge, Silver and Mephiles standing outside.

Sonic: Hey guys, you do know that it's almost time for me to change right?

Scrouge: Yeah we know, but we're here to help Shadow. We heard from Rouge that he's been having a hard time, so we've decided to come help out for the night.

Shadow was listening from the back, and couldn't help but grumble at hearing what Rouge did. Sure, there are times where he would have some complications with the baby, but he didn't need Rouge to spread word about it. Then again, seeing that only the four came instead of the whole group made it clear that she only told these four in particular for a reason, so he wasn't completely mad about it, especially since they probably need their help now.

Sonic: Oh, alright then, come on in, we were just about to step out since it's getting close for the moon to rise.

Sonic said as he realized that the sky is already turning dark blue, and they quickly rushed to the back with Shadow. Sonic, Fleetway and Mephiles stood on the grass while Scourge and Silver sat on the porch with Shadow, to help brace the couple for the night in their respective positions, and once the moon came into view, Sonic knelt down and changed into his werehog form.

TBC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for my long absence, but the finals are finally coming close to a finish and I'm glad that it is, so while I still have time, I made this chapter. Hope you all enjoy as the holidays are coming closer and closer! Bye!!