Chapter 8

Sonic raced to the hospital right after hanging up on Rouge's call, he finished cleaning the dishes and locked the door before speeding off. Once he got to to the waiting room, he went to ask which room Shadow is in and got to the door with Rouge waiting outside with a relieved look on her face. Sonic goes to Rouge.

Sonic: Hey Rouge, how's Shadow?

Rouge: Sonic, good to see you here. I was waiting for you o come so I could leave and report to GUN, and don't worry, Shadow is just fine. You can go in and see him. See you later hun~

And with that, Rouge left. Sonic went to the door, and opened it slowly. He saw Shadow sleeping, and felt glad that he didn't just barge in the room, despite how much he wanted to do it since the call. He quietly went to sit beside him on the hospital chair, and gently grabbed Shadow's hand, that laid by his side with a tube for Vitamins attached to it. As he stayed by Shadow's side, he started wondering about the incident. Shadow was only shot on the shoulder, but he fainted. Why? He should be strong enough to stand the shot, in fact, nobody has ever fainted from that kind of shot before, so why did Shadow? After a while, Shadow started to wake up, feeling a little groggy as he started opening his eyes. Sonic saw Shadow wake up, and smiled, knowing that he's finally awake.

Sonic: Shadow.

Shadow: *groans a little* What...what happened? Where am I?

Sonic: You're in the hospital, you were shot to the shoulder and fainted. Rouge called me and I rushed here.

Shadow: Oh. But wait, why did I faint?

Sonic: I don't know, that what I'm wondering about as well.

Shadow: Well, I remembered that during the fight, I was starting to feel a little sick, and I felt like I wanted to throw up but I held it back.

Sonic gasped as he has figured out what's wrong after Shadow said that, but he wanted to be sure before jumping to that conclusion, so he wanted to ask more.

Sonic: Anything else?

Shadow: Well, after a while, I didn't feel like throwing up anymore, but when I was shot, I suddenly felt light-headed and fainted after the shot.

Now Sonic was sure of the conclusion that he made, and smiled nervously as he looked at Shadow to tell him.

Sonic: Honey?

Shadow Hmm?

Sonic: Um...I think I know why you fainted.

Shadow: Hmm? You do?

Sonic: Yeah, and it's something big, really big.

Shadow: *thinks a while before looking up with a shocked look on his face* Wait...you mean-

Sonic: *smiles* Yes honey, I think you're pregnant.

Shadow was shocked after hearing that, and didn't know how to react to it. He is happy for sure, but he doesn't know if it's really true or not. Then suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and the commander came in with two other soldiers on both sides of him.

Commander: Agent Shadow.

Shadow: Commander. What are you doing hear?

Commander: I was reported about you being shot, so I've decided to come here. It's a little strange why you fainted all of a sudden, do you know why?

Shadow: Well, Sonic and I have concluded that, I might be expecting, but we don't know if it's true or not.

Commander: * a little shocked from the response but doesn't show* I see, well, in that case, let me know first thing in the morning, if you having to be expecting is true, then I'll arrange an office for you.

Shadow: Thank you sir.

Commander: I'll see you tomorrow Agent Shadow.

And with that, the commander and his soldiers left the couple, and went back to their duties. Sonic and Shadow continued to wait in the room for doctor to come and give them the results, and once they did, they left the hospital and immediately went into a health care shop to get a pregnancy test, so they could get their answer at home. This is something that they have know now, because they worry that Shadow may not be able to fit in his dress at their wedding anymore, and they'll have to change the date to an earlier one instead. Once they got home with the pregnancy test, Shadow and Sonic immediately went into their room to start.

Sonic: *brings a cup of water in from the kitchen, and sees Shadow fiddling with his fingers in nervousness and sits down next to him* Hey, don't worry, I'm happy that we're going to have a family.

Shadow: It's not that that I'm worried about. It's just that...I don't know if I can do this. You're still having your curse, and the baby may have it as well, so when you change-

Sonic: Hey. *puts a hand on Shadow's cheek and gently turns his head*

Shadow: Huh? *looks at Sonic in the eye*

Sonic: *looks back at Shadow with a lot of love* If our baby does have the curse, I will do everything to help our little one survive with it. I know you're concern about birth part, so am I, but I have faith that you can do it. And don't worry, I'll be here for you when you need help.

Shadow didn't know how to respond to what he just heard, but he still couldn't help but hug Sonic, because he felt he needed some comfort. Sonic smiled and hugged back, before letting go after a while. He passed the cup of water and the pregnancy test to Shadow, before Shadow stood up to go to the toilet. Once he's inside, Shadow did all the steps and finally had the test to start, but he will have to wait for a while before the results will show, so he's just going to let it set for now. While he was doing all that, Sonic has been waiting outside, with his hands trembling in anxiousness, hoping that things would turn out right for Shadow, but once he heard the door open, he immediately looked up, and saw Shadow coming out without the test. He was confused for a second, before he looked deep into the toilet, and saw the test set on the toilet, like it's taking it's effect slowly, then he understood and went to Shadow.

Sonic: It will take a while huh?

Shadow: Yeah...but what will we do in the meantime?

Sonic: I can make us dinner while you think of names for the baby.

Shadow: ...Alright, but your not making chili dogs again!

Sonic: *chuckles* I won't. *leaves the room*

Shadow took out a notebook and started thinking of names for the baby, if he will have one. It didn't take him long though, for after 10 minutes of thinking, he then decided to check on the test and see how it went. He took the test out of the cup, and looked at it to see...

TBC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha! Sorry guys, but I'm gonna stop this chapter this way, because I can't stay on wattpad for too long. I need to do my work, but I promise to update soon. This is 1205 words and it's not easy, so pardon me. I'll see you guys soon! Bye!!