Chapter 19

After Rouge and Scourge have returned to GUN base from their little spying on Eggman, the commander had his scientists analyze the data that Rouge had collected. While that is going on, Shadow decided to ask his friends what they found out from Eggman, but they decided against it for the sake of him and his baby.

Shadow: Rouge, it would be best if you tell me now so things won't be hard in future.

Rouge: And I know that Shadow, but Scourge and I are certain that you don't have to hear what's coming up, because we'll make sure that you won't get involved, and the commander has agreed that you will be in someplace safe while Sonic and the others handle what is coming.

Shadow: All this "what's coming up". Can't you just tell me what it is?

Scourge: Sorry Shadow, but we can't tell you anything. At least not yet. We will have the team gather at your house this weekend and tell you and everyone else everything from there.

Shadow sighed at what they said, it is probably best to wait for a bit. So the idea of having everyone together would be better then telling him alone.

Shadow: Alright, I'll see you this weekend with everyone else then.

The two nodded and smiled before they left to do their respective things, and Shadow went back to the office to think for a bit, before he picked up his phone and called Sonic.

Sonic: Hello?

Shadow: Hey honey.

Sonic: Hey dear, what the matter? You sound a little off.

Shadow: I just wanted to tell you a few things on what happened.

They continued their conversation as Shadow did his work, and Sonic finishing up the chores at home, however, at one point...

Sonic: I see, but I don't trust that "safe place".

Shadow: What's wrong with that dear?

Sonic: The thing is the commander thinks that there's a place where you can be safe from the possible attack from Eggman, but I don't think so. Throughout every run I took to anywhere I go, I have not see any place where you can be safe from Eggman. Do you know of any places where its safe?

Shadow: Well, not that I know of, no.

Sonic: See? That's exactly what I mean, even I don't know where you can be safe from Eggman if he attacks, and if the commander has already decided on a place where you can hide, I don't think it be strong enough to hold until Eggman is able to break through what it is and wherever it is.

Shadow: But we wouldn't know for certain honey, I know that we still have trouble trusting the commander after what he tried to do long ago, but we must at least give a him a chance.

Sonic: *sighs* Alright, I'll give him a chance since he has helped us with so many things after that day, but I'm still keeping my guard up for this.

Shadow: Actually honey, you won't be with me if that were to happen, because since you're the leader of the team, you have to be with the rest fighting Eggman in whatever he has created and prevent him from doing any other damage. Don't worry, Rouge will be with me while you guys fight.

Sonic: What?! But I can't have you with Rouge alone, what happens if the baby comes?! She can't help alone!

Shadow: Hmm...You are right on that, we'll let Rouge know of that when the group comes together this weekend.