Chapter 17

The next day, Shadow woke up with an idea for his day off. He is the first to wake up as always,  but this was perfect for his idea for the afternoon, but before he could start, he had to wash up first and have breakfast so he can have enough energy for later. He was about to grab the pan for cooking breakfast, but a hand came in the way and grabbed it first. Shadow looked up to see Sonic awake with a smile, and smiled back.

Shadow: Morning honey.

Sonic: Morning dear. *helps Shadow stand as he does to put the pan on the stove* I'll make breakfast this time. You have doing it for a while now, so let me do this one, for you and our little one. *smiles*

Shadow: *smiles back* Alright, just don't hurt yourself okay?

Sonic: *chuckles* Don't worry I won't. Go rest on the couch, I'll be done in a split second.

Shadow laughed as he went into the living room. He was glad that Sonic took over cooking breakfast, because he now has time to use his phone make a text with Rouge, telling her about what he plans to do.
___________________________

To Rouge:
Hey Rouge! I have a plan for today and you will surely love it!

From Rouge:
What is it hun~? You sound rather excited.

To Rouge:
I am! I have an excellent idea for today with Sonic! you can tell everyone what I'm about to tell you, but make sure to keep it hidden from Sonic okay?

From Rouge:
Sure hun~ What're you planning to do?

To Rouge:
I am planning to prank my husband into thinking that my water broke.

From Rouge:
>:) Oooh I'm listening~

To Rouge:
Okay, so I'm going to be doing this in our living room, and I want you to secretly set a camera in a hidden place in the house while Sonic and I head out for shopping. The others can come along too if they want to secretly take videos with their phones as well.

From Rouge:
XD oh hun that's a great prank to pull on your husband! I'll the others right away!

To Rouge:
Alright then! We will be away for a while, so you can go into the house through the back door.

From Rouge:
Sure thing hun~! I can't wait for this prank to happen!

_________________________

Later that day, Sonic and Shadow have returned from their grocery shopping, but unknown to Sonic, the others are in the house wit their phones ready for the prank that is about to take place about now, and they are excited, especially Shadow. He couldn't wait to see the look on his husband's face for this. Once they have settled down, Sonic went to the bathroom for a second, and while he's there, Shadow gave the signal to start recording as he took a small bucket filled with water and poured some onto the floor right in front of the couch, so he could be comfortable while doing this prank. Everyone who's hiding quietly as the moment began to come, as Shadow sat down on the couch and started calling out while holding his belly to make the prank look convincing.

Shadow: HONEY!!... HONEY HELP ME!! MY WATER BROKE!!

Then thumping of fast speed footsteps can be heard as Sonic raced down to the living room at top speed to his expecting partner. 

Sonic: I'M COMING!!! I'M COMING!!! I'M COM- WHOA!!!!

Distracted by the thought of helping his mate immediately, he did not notice the patch of water on the ground in front of him and slipped across the room, until his bumped into the front door. Sonic groaned in dizziness as he tried to talk, but his dizziness made speak weirdly.

Sonic: I'm here honey~...ugh...don't worry now~...we'll be at the hospital soon~...

Shadow and others couldn't hold back their laughter as Sonic regained his composure and got up from his spot, seeing everyone in the room all of a sudden, laughing as well, made him confused as to what is going on.

Sonic: *rubs his head a little* What? What is going on? What are you guys doing here?

Knuckles: *laughs as he went over to put one arm over Sonic's shoulders and using the other to point at him* You've been fooled bro!! Shadow here did a prank on you.

Fleetway: *flies to Sonic while laughing a little* And it was hilarious!! I can't wait to post this on internet!

And everyone continued to laugh after that. Sonic joined in as well, he did not regret anything of it. He was just glad that Shadow can still have fun with everyone, and since everyone was there, Sonic insisted to have lunch with them, and they headed off to a beach side restaurant. Once they've reached the place, they were seated quickly and are now waiting on their orders, as they were waiting, Shadow and Sonic decided to take a walk on the beach for a moment to talk. They held hands as they walked as the sun was up three and a half hours before setting into the horizon.

Shadow: Honey?

Sonic: Yes dear?

Shadow: I can't help but wonder what eggman's up to. He's been gone far too long for comfort, and I'm scared that he will return and do something before the baby is born.

Sonic sighed mentally at that, he knew that he will say that. He too has been feeling the same way about the situation with eggman ever since what he was close to doing on their wedding , so he couldn't argue with Shadow about it. He hugged Shadow from behind and laid his hands onto his belly as he responded.

Sonic: I know honey, I've been having a bad feeling about him too, but don't worry, if he attacks again, we'll be ready for it.

Shadow hugged back and smiled, knowing that he has full faith in his husband in defeating eggman.

Shadow: Thanks honey.

TBC