Chapter 16

This night felt somewhat worse then any other night, because Sonic's screams were a lot more tense then the last one, and Shadow didn't ignore it. He knew that if this happens it means that something might either be wrong or the creature within his husband is growing more stronger, and the others didn't seem to ignore that either. After the transformation was finished, Sonic stood at his place panting without looking up. Fleetway and Mephiles prepared themselves, in case they need to use their powers to keep Sonic at bay, and away from Shadow if he gets out of control, while Scourge and Silver stayed by Shadow with their arms ready in case they need to hurry pick up Shadow and run, or make a telekinetic barrier appear. Once Sonic stopped panting, he slowly stood up and looked towards Shadow. Everybody remained in their stance as Sonic approached Shadow, and once he's right in front of him, he nuzzled his head before lying down on the ground and nuzzling his belly gently with a huge smile. Everybody smiled and calmed down as Shadow hugged back, they knew that Sonic could not talk when in this form so they're happy that nothing bad happen, but the night has only just begun.

Fleetway: *flies a little higher for a look at the woods* Great! Now that we know that Sonic is not going to rip our tails off at any point of time, how about we start heading out for the hunt?

Fleetway said while using his thumb to point towards the woods, while everyone especially Sonic gave an annoyed face about what he said, before Scourge stood up from his spot.

Scourge: We can Fleet, but Shadow has to stay here for his and the baby's safety. We don't know what could be out there, and we absolutely don't want to risk it.

Silver: I can stay here with him while you guys go, my telekinesis is strong enough to hold out anything.

Mephiles: Alright then, and the rest of us will go with Sonic for tonight's hunt.

Then suddenly, Sonic stomach growled and everyone looked at him with awkwardness, while he awkwardly hid his face at the side of his pregnant mate's belly with a deep blush on his face.

Scourge: Alright, it's time for dinner Sonic. Let's get going, we don't want you to starve yourself. And Silver, keep a look out, or if Shadow wants to sleep, then stay awake beside him until we get back.

Silver: Right.

And with that, the boys left to the woods, while Shadow and Silver stay behind.

Silver: You want to eat something Shadow?

Shadow: *stomach growls and blushes* Yeah, sure.

Silver: *chuckles a little* Any cravings?

Shadow: Well... *rubs his belly a little* I actually just want to a plate of spaghetti.

Silver: Oh okay, don't worry, I'm an excellent cook. *thumbs up and smiles proudly for a second* My is so delicious that Blaze said I could be a chef someday, but I know that won't happen since I have to stay with the freedom fighters.

Shadow: I see, well then I'll leave you to it.

Silver: Great. I'll serve it straight to you once I'm done.

Though the night wasn't eventful, like its suppose to, they were still happy that everything is okay. After the guys were done with the hunt, they returned home, but the moment Mephiles was about to open the back door, they heard Shadow and Silver screaming in every second. At that point, they immediately burst inside, but what they saw was definitely unexpected and leaving them wide eyed at the door. Silver is using his powers to lift Shadow off the ground with one hand, as he was using his other hand to swing  a slapping net around the air to try and kill the three mosquitoes in the room. Not to mention they were also screaming everywhere at every miss Silver made, with either of them noticing that the guys have returned.

Shadow: Silver on the couch! On the couch!

Silver: Working on it! *miss* Dammit!

Shadow: How could you miss?! The couch was wide open!! And the net is a hundred times bigger then the mosquito!!

Silver: I'm slapping as fast as I can!! But these little pieces of s***s somehow have fast reflexes!!

Shadow: What do you mean "reflexes"?! Those are flies not animals!

Silver: Well whatever it is that you want to call it!!

The guys didn't want to spoil the show by interfering, so the two continued to scream at each other as the slapping of mosquitoes continued, until eventually, Silver managed to get all three of them. After he was done, the guys couldn't help but let out their laughter, as they have been holding it in through the time.

Silver: The situation would've been better if you guys have helped by the way.

Fleetway: *still laughing a little* Yeah but it was better not helping since the whole show was hilarious.

And the night went on, until it was time for the guys to leave. Now the couple is alone in their bedroom, getting ready for bed, but before they could sleep, Sonic couldn't stop laughing about the whole situation as they sat on the bed.

Shadow: Honey come on.

Sonic laughed for a little longer before finally stopping, knowing that his pregnant mate's rest is more important than what happened earlier.

Shadow: I know that it was funny, but we have to get to sleep alright?

And Sonic nodded with a smile, before adjusting himself on his side of the bed and let his mate snuggle in to him afterwards.

Shadow: Goodnight.

Sonic gave his mate a little lick on the forehead as a response, before dozing off as well.

TBC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! The finals are finally over! I finally have more time on wattpad as well, so the updates will come soon. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and stay tune for the next! Bye!!