Chapter 7

(Sorry guys, but no show for you on the lemon, because I'm not good in these type of scenes so pardon me on that)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Shadow woke up to see Sonic still asleep next to him. He smiled and blushed a bit as he remembered what happened last night, he couldn't believe he actually had that with him for the first time after so long of being a couple, but he was happy that Sonic is happy too. He leaned in and gently kissed Sonic's forehead before carefully getting out of bed so he could go to work, he kept the vial of the momentary cure with him, so he could use it when he needed it the most. As he left for work, Sonic started waking up himself. He saw Shadow left through the window and knew that he had to leave for work so he smiled before going to the kitchen for breakfast, he was thinking of making his own, but when he got there, he was surprised to see that there was already something on the table. It was a plate of pancakes topped with honey and whipped cream, and there was a note beside the plate. He pick it and started reading it.

Good morning Sonic,
I made your favorite breakfast just for you, to help you from last night, I know how much you loved it, so I made to help you feel even more better. I'm sorry that I couldn't enjoy it with you, but I hope you like my new recipe. Blueberry pancakes with honey and lemon essence whipped cream. Hope you love it.

Your soon to be wife,
Shadow~kun

Sonic's smile widened after he read the letter, and couldn't help but hug it with great happiness before he dig into his breakfast. Meanwhile, Shadow was on his usual missions from the commander. He's now with Rouge in station square, trying to catch a murderer that is on a loose. They're wear their normal clothes while sitting in Rouge's car, to blend in with the people, so they won't be noticed by the person, and let him know that he's being tracked down. As they were sitting in the car, they have they communicators on for their frequent updates.

(Shadow's) Communicator: ...zzzt!... This is soldier 173. Leader of group 1 to Agent Shadow. We are in position. Waiting for your command. ...zzzt!... This is soldier 201. Leader of group 2 to Agent Shadow. We are in position. Waiting for your command. ...zzzt!... This is soldier 146. Leader of group 3 to Agent Shadow. We are in position. Waiting for your command. ...zzzt!...

Shadow: *holds the communicator to his muzzle while pressing the button so he could whisper* This is Agent Shadow. I heard your call. All groups. Hold your position. Do not engage until my signal. I repeat. Do not engage until my signal.

Communicator: ...zzzt!... (all groups) Roger that. Over and out. ...zzzt!...

Rouge: *smiles* My my Shadow~

Shadow: Hmm? What?

Rouge: You have gotten better since the last time you worked on missions~ You might become commander yourself one day!~

Shadow: Rouge, I know that sounds nice, but he have to focus on the mission first.

Rouge: *turns to the window with a smirk* Of course hun~ Of course~

After waiting for a few more minutes, their target was finally on sight. He's a wolf in a black hoodie, dark blue jeans and is carrying a very loaded looking bag on his back. He's walking into a mall and while looking around, like he's making sure that nobody is suspicious of him, before disappearing into the crowd. Shadow immediately told the groups to follow him and Rouge as they got out of the car and start looking for the target in the mall, they all spread around the area so it would be easier to find him faster. It took them a while, but Shadow managed to find him, though not in a pleasing way. The wolf held a gun up to Shadow's forehead as he continued to walk forward and Shadow walking backward, everyone in the mall ran away as the scene continued to play, and Rouge and the soldiers were having their weapons up at the wolf as they surrounded the two. Shadow stopped walking and the wolf did too, but the tension was not done yet as the two were eager to see who will break first. The soldiers, or the murderer.

Wolf: Just give up! I will never give up to you! I will make you suffer. Each and every ONE of you!

Shadow: Too bad it won't be that way.

Shadow punched the wolf's gun away from his head, and kicked the wolf back. The wolf the wall and fell to the floor, but he still had his grip on his gun, so Shadow had to be careful. The wolf stood up, and immediately started firing his gun at Shadow and the rest of the gun force. Everybody ducked in time, and Shadow fired back with his own gun that was in his pocket. He shot the wolf's leg and he yelped in agony before kneeling down to hold the bullet wound, while keeping his grip on his gun. Rouge took the chance to go and kick the gun out his hand, but the wolf was faster and dodged his hand in time before pointing it at her. Seconds after he fired the gun, Rouge thought she was a goner, but when she opened her eyes, she was shocked at what happened. Shadow stood in front of her and took the shot to the shoulder instead, before he could hit the ground, two soldiers were able to catch him in time , while the other soldier arrested the wolf while he was still in a shocked state.

Wolf: *struggling* NO!! This isn't over yet! I WILL GET RID OF YOU ALL!!

Shadow wasn't bleeding heavily, but the bullet wound is still quite deep. Rouge helped Shadow to the hospital as they soldiers returned to base and inform the commander what happened, once Rouge and Shadow got to the hospital, Rouge stayed the waiting and called Sonic to tell him what happen.

Sonic: Hey Rouge, what's up?

Rouge: Sonic! Shadow's been shot!

Sonic: WHAT?!

TBC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow...my updates are getting later and later the more I write in each chapter, this one is over a thousand words long, as well as the other chapter, and I'm very sorry about the delay guys, I had a hard time trying to improve my description in each chapter, and I hope I would get better at it soon, but I hope you like this chapter, and don't forget to leave a vote if you like it! Bye!!