Chapter 21

The next day, before Shadow and Rouge can depart to Westopolis, the commander asked the Freedom Fighters to gather in a meeting room for a moment, as he needed to inform them of what his spies had discovered yesterday night, because he could not bare the thought of what would happen if they were not told in advance. He could only fear the worst, and soon, the entire team came as he requested, and immediately started the meeting with the heroes, because they cannot waste anymore time. The screen started presenting the images of what the spies took during their mission.

Commander: Good morning Team Freedom, I apologize for asking you to come here early in the morning, but trust me when I say that it's really important for you to hear whatever I wish to tell you here, because this could occur anytime soon. Now, as you all know, Doctor Ivo Rodotnic has not made any signs of attacking as of late, but just recently, my spies have just discovered the reason to why he has been absent for quite some time, and the images of that reason are now displayed on the screen for you to see.

The Freedom Fighters gasped at what they saw. They couldn't believe the size of the robot for one, the other is the design of the robot, it looked like there's a chamber in the center of it to keep something in it, and since the background is so dark and it was taken at night, they couldn't see what was inside there, or if there was even anything in there to begin with, but that didn't matter. What matter is how they were going to defeat it.

Amy: That robot looks huge!

Blaze: Not just huge Amy, it looks enormous!

Scourge: Looks like egg fart really gave this thing some good armor too.

Knuckles: Not only that, but the chamber in the center doesn't look any way promising either. Who knows what could be in there?

Tails: We don't know what the purpose for it yet, but we'll think about it.

Commander: I wanted to tell you this, because I know that you can come up with some way to bring it down faster than I could, before it causes to much damage to the city. I only hope that whatever your plan is for that final robot will work so the city will be saved once more. I thank you for listening Team Freedom. Now let's go to the hanger, so we can transport Shadow and Rouge to Westopolis and leave the city before sundown.

Everyone agreed to that and left the meeting room, once they reached the helicopter that transports Shadow and Rouge, they started saying their goodbyes. Sonic and Shadow hugged each other while Rouge talks to Silver about a back up plan, just in case nothing goes according to plan.

Rouge: Silver, I need you to come with us.

Silver: Why?

Rouge: Just in case Shadow and I couldn't make it to Westopolis with the GUN vehicles, you can help teleport us there. You have a chaos emerald right?

Silver: Yep.

Rouge: Good, and thanks for helping.

Silver: No problem, besides, this is the future of Sonic the hedgehog here.

Rouge: *smiles* You're right. Now let's go.

Silver smiled and nodded back as they headed back to the group, with Sonic and Shadow giving their last hug for the time being, until the fight against Eggman is over. After they were done, Shadow hopped into the helicopter with Rouge's support and Silver following behind, and they waved goodbye as the helicopter sets off to westopolis, followed by other GUN vehicles for back up. Shadow couldn't help but shed a tear at the thought of his husband missing his first child's birth, being away for majority of the time is bad enough, but not having his child to see his face first broke his heart as well. Rouge let Shadow lean in for a side hug as he had a slight breakdown, understanding that it's not easy to leave your partner, and Silver sat back on the opposite side, shedding some tears of his own, feeling bad for Shadow that such a weight is being put on him and his husband just because of evil wanting to destroy their peace for dominance over everything.

However, as they were flying, what they didn't know was that half of Eggman's fleet started heading their way, with cannons ready to attack. The ships loaded with weaponry and robots slowly made their way closer to the GUN vehicles, as the cannons began to charge up. Meanwhile, inside one of the ground GUN vehicles, the back most vehicle detected the movements of the fleet, and did some confirmations before alerting the other vehicles that Eggman has engaged in an attack.

Helicopter Pilot: Everybody! Hold on! We're under attack!

This alarmed Shadow, Silver and Rouge, as they braced themselves by Rouge hugging Shadow while he protectively held his belly, as Silver formed a psychic barrier around the three, and protect them from the drastic helicopter manoeuvres. Shadow continuously whimpered as the scene that they could not see unfold, and the pilot doing his best to dodge every missal or bullet and keep his manoeuvres as gentle as possible for Shadow's sake. He didn't want to make it drastic enough by turning the entire helicopter upside-down. Shadow leaned into Rouge as much as he could, his stress rising by the minute, while Rouge tried to calm him down and keep him safe at the same time.

Rouge: It's okay Shadow, it's okay. We can trust in the pilot. He knows what he's doing.

Explosions and gunshots sounded rapidly around the GUN units, as they used any weapons they had to take down as much of the Egg-fleet as they, while avoiding the helicopter that held Shadow in. However, they were not completely successful, as one of Eggman's missals was able to fly pass every blockade and hit the tail of Shadow's helicopter, sending it spiraling out of control, and the passengers to jump out of the crashing vehicle, and safely hover down by the help of Silver, while still keeping them, including the pilot, safe from the bullets and missals.

Silver: *groans in struggle* I can't...keep this up...for long!

Rouge: Bring up to the tank in the center Silver! That's the backup ride after the helicopter!

Silver: Right!

So Silver brought them to the tank in a matter of minutes, as the entrance to the tank opened for them at the second, and they made it in safe before Silver collapsed from exhaustion. As the medics tend to the pilot and the silver hedgehog, Rouge slowly brought the shivering pregnant hedgehog to a seat and slowly calm him down from there, as the remaining GUN units quickly drove out of range of the fleet. Their escape was rather bumpy, and it did upset Shadow, but they had no other choice, and continued their way through the forest to Westopolis as quickly as possible.

TBC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew! It's finally done! Sorry for taking so long, college is not an easy life. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and don't forget to vote for it as well. Leave a comment on your thought of it as well! Bye!!

P.S. (This is the first time in a while have I ever written beyond 1200 words!)