02

"Who are you?" I ask, my eyes never leaving him but my ears sensitive to every slight movement around me.

Leaning back on my heels, I take a glance around me searching for just one moment of distraction which could help me in running. Just one moment.

The blue eyed man tilts his head at his left, a gesture which I find very adorable on him. The silence is like a heavy blanket over me,suffocating me under it.

Are they from some cult or something?

"I said who are you? What's your name?" I ask again, raising my voice.

The man takes a step forward which results in me taking a step back. He halts seeing me moving before his eyes flicker over my face. But I pull a mask of indifference over my face, hiding my emotions.

Despite of my heart that is hammering against my chest, I held my head high.

"Rudolf. " His voice booms around the forest, resonating in the silence. It takes me few seconds to realize what he means by it but then realization dawns on me.

Rudolf..

A strong name for a strong man. I want to test his name, how it will roll on my tongue. So in a low whisper, I roll out his name.

"Rudolf."

A breeze picks up, the leaves moving slightly. The sound of leaves whistling so calming and assuring in this dead silence.

Rudolf's eyes visibly darken for a second before they turn back to its beautiful color. What I had seen actually happened or its just the shadows that made his eyes dark?
His hands turn into fists that increase my heart beat. His shoulder tenses, his body becomes rigid. My eyes flicker over others to find them in guarding stance.

I am going to die, ain't I?

"Look,Sir." I start to reason with them. That's always my first approach. First talk then act. I have no idea who they are. Had I fought with one of them or their friend? Are they here because they can't accept their defeat like a man? But I don't remember any faces. I have never seen these men before.

But one thing is for sure. This Rudolf guy is the leader here and i have to walk carefully around him.

Amusement dances in Rudolf's eyes at the word 'Sir'. What's so funny? I furrow my eyebrows but didn't comment instead complete what I have to say.

"I don't mean any harm to any of you. I don't know why you have surrounded me like this. But let me go." I say in an even voice.

But irritation sparks inside me when Rudolf throws his head back and laughs. The sound of his laughter enveloping my skin, raising  hairs on the back of my neck.

"If you even did mean any harm, dove. What harm could you have done,uh? "

Is he making fun of me?

Anger boils inside me in an ugly shade of red. Gritting my teeth together, I try to control myself from lashing out at him.

He doesn't know who I am. But oh I'm so ready to show him now. Fuck the reasoning, I am going to show him who the hell I am because I know they won't let me go easily.

"You have no idea." I reply in a low voice, gauging him.

"Like?" He retort with an arrogant smirk. Oh how I want to slap that smirk off his face.

"Your left hand's fingers are moving after every 3 seconds and that's the hand you are going to use first when you strike. But you don't know that I already know that so when you even try to do anything I know your move already." I smile, mischievously when I see his eyes widen slightly before he composes himself again.