17

Looking at the child who is nestling his head on my chest in fear, I made my decision. Pulling his face away, I lift his head so his fearful eyes are looking at me.

"Hey kid. Listen to me carefully, will you?" Knowing these wolves have heightened senses, I make sure to choose my words carefully.

"Don't stop. Don't make a noise." I tell him sternly, making him confused.

"Uh?" He sniffs, his mouth forming a pout in adorable manner.

"Just do what I said." I level him with a blank stare, making him nod while his hold tightens on my arms.

My head snaps downward when I heard bone snapping and cracking sounds to see the rouges transforming in their human form.

They will climb the tree much faster in their human form.

Damn their wolf's genes, they would do it so effortlessly. I curse their genes mentally, a scowl already forming on my face.

For a brief second, my eyes snap to the injured wolf and I nod at him. He whines, giving me a pleading look.

I know Rudolf will throw a fit when he finds out that his lap dogs leave me here but who cares about that reindeer right now!

The kid's safety is more important!

I move my attention back to one of the rogues who has bent his legs to jump up when I call out.

"Hey there, mutt." His head snaps him. A growl releasing from his chest, he snaps his canines at me, eyes flashing red with a lethal promise.

"No need to tire yourself, there. I am coming down myself. But before that why don't you all like take a step back? I don't like getting crowded by hairy creatures."

Instead of replying they all ready their stances to pounce. Typical.

In a blink, I grab the kid holding him tightly to me before jumping down a little far away from these wild creatures who immediately take a run towards me.

I almost kiss myself thinking I had decided a correct decision on choosing tree with small length.

Bracing myself against the shock of pain which emerges from my legs due to the jump, I put the kid down and pushes him far away from me, sending a glaring look at the injured wolf. He immediately moves towards the kid and to make sure nobody sees him, I clap my hands.

All the five rogues who were running towards me surround me. Each of them snapping their canines at me. I notice each of them moves in a similar manner.

They are looking wild. Untamed. Not like the pack wolves. They are like Predators with one purpose of hunting and killing.

I know what comes next will be blood and pain. And I know mostly it will be coming from me because I am no match against these creatures.

Hells gate, if I had known about the existence of these creature, I would have made sure to train to fight them too!

Fisting my hands, I dodge the claws which were coming straight to my face before going around the man and slamming both of my elbows on his back with force. He stumbles and falls down on his.

Weak Shit. I thought to myself, amused.

I turned around to block the punch of another man coming towards me. My ears perk the rustling sound coming from my behind and I instantly duck down to find another clawed hand swishing above from where there was just my head.

An angry pit of fire burns in the stomach. I feel it consuming my body and burn my chest until I feel hot all over.

If anyone put a thermometer on me, they sure would diagnose me with a fever.