[24] hurt,

warning: very very little mention of blood and minor injuries and a fistfight (but it's not actually described it's just mentioned) 
it's really not graphic at all I promisee but just wanted to put a warning to give you guys a little heads up ok ly,

It had now been three weeks since the breakup. Alexander with help from his roommate had gotten better. He went out of his dorm to see his friends now and then and had started sitting in the front row in class again.

--

The dorm door opened and Hamilton entered in a rush.

Thomas was sitting on the couch eating mac and cheese when Hamilton arrived.

"Do we have one of those, ugh what are they called, you know those cooling things?"

Thomas looked up, confusedly.

"No?"

Alexander walked towards the kitchen in a hurry.

"You sure?"

Thomas chuckled.

"Pretty sure, why?"

Alexander was too busy looking for something in the kitchen to even acknowledge the fact that he would probably have to explain to his roommate what happened.

"Oh, um some guys beat up Laf, and his eye needs cooling, but Herc's not home, and there's nothing in their freezer," he sputtered.

"Do you think we could use a bag of like frozen vegetables or something?"

Why was everything in that fridge warm and tepid?

"Okay, we have no vegetables at all in this place, and I think the fridge is broken, damn.

Jefferson?

Thomas?"

Alex babbled as he moved around the kitchen.

All of a sudden Thomas was standing right next to him.

At that moment there seemed to be only one thing he cared about; his brother.

"What happened?" Thomas started firmly, cutting off Alexander as soon as he opened his mouth to answer.

"Where is he?" Alexander again opened his mouth only for Jefferson to keep talking

"Is he alone?

Who the fuck did this?"

Jefferson was clenching his fist and gritting his teeth to remain silent; he felt enmity that was like acid- burning, slicing, potent.

His face felt red with suppressed rage.

No one was allowed to hurt Lafayette.

He grew angrier with every word Alexander spoke, he was a calm person but lay a finger on his brother, and he would snap your neck in a second.

"Right, um so from what I heard, from Laf I mean; he had a disagreement with some kids, and they followed him from class and beat him up behind the school. You know how he is, he'd never hurt anyone, so he just stayed there until I found him."

And no he's not alone, Madison is with him at his and Herc's dorm, we can't find Herc anywhere. I just came over to get something for his eye; it's pretty bad. But um..."

"Who did this?"

For some reason that was the thing at the top of Thomas' mind as soon as he knew Lafayette was okay. But that was the thing though; he didn't know.