[47] violins.

hi, wowww it's been a while hasn't it?

well, I was cleaning out my computer and I found this, titled: prompt thing

arty, ik.

anywho, I thought maybe you'd enjoy it. there's no specific spoilers or anything so it doesn't matter how far you are in the story.

also, a warning, this is unedited, uncensored, pure I have writer's block and I need to vent me but I thought maybe you'd enjoy it.

well, enjoy.

"What's even the deal with you? Where did you live when you got here? Why did your parents let you go alone to another fucking country and live alone? How'd you get to live alone? Why did you even want to live alone?"

Jefferson's questions rained over Hamilton as he sat in Lafayette's room.

He'd heard the sound of a violin and followed it down the hall until he reached Jefferson's door. Music had always soothed Hamilton; when he was younger his mother would sing to him. His mother played the violin and even though he knew nothing of the notes or how it worked he cherished the instrument.

Alexander had sat outside Jefferson's door for what felt like forever until he heard the playing stop, at that point he had opened his eyes and got ready to stand up and leave when Jefferson opened his door, looking him straight in the eye.

Sure; Hamilton could have stayed and talked it out like a rational human being, like a Hamilton.

But he ran. He ran down the hall until he reached Lafayette's room and quickly shut the door.

He didn't know why.

He didn't have the slightest clue as to why Alexander Hamilton ran away from confrontation.

He was staying at Lafayette's place while the Mulligans were in Ireland visiting family. Of course, he was invited but knowing he'd be less trouble at Lafayette's, he decided on staying there.

Lafayette had gone to get food for the three of them as Jane wasn't home. Alexander decided to stay at the house which he now very much regretted.

He wasn't allowed in Thomas' room. Which wasn't surprising, his mother and brother were the only people ever allowed in there. Maybe Madison. Probably Madison.

He heard a knock on the door before it was opened.

"Hamilton," Jefferson spoke, not as harshly as Hamilton would have imagined.

He sat on the bed as Thomas approached him.

"What were you doing at my door?"

Hamilton was at a loss for words.

"I-I-I," nothing came out.

"Hamilton can't speak? What universe am I in?"

Alexander looked at him loathingly,

"Shut up Jefferson."

"You shut up."

There was silence.

"I'm sorry about, you know about the other day."

Hamilton looked up at him confusedly.

"That was three months ago."

Three whole months since they had spoken at all, Thomas felt as if it had been less time.

"Right, well, sorry."

"It's fine. I heard Laf slapped you in front of the whole school."

Thomas chuckled.

"Yeah, he didn't talk to me for weeks after that."

"Me neither."

"Wait, really?"

Thomas nodded.

"Yeah, he was pretty pissed after what I said, about, you know; your guys' family and that."

"Yeah, well he was pissed at me for the same thing," Jefferson spoke calmly.

Hamilton looked down.

"Well, it's fine."

"I'm sorry, it wasn't even your fault, I was just having a bad day and you were there. I probably shouldn't have taken it out on you."

"It's fine," Hamilton whispered and looked down at his hands.

Thomas sighed.

"No, it's not. And I don't really even know anything about you anyway. I shouldn't have said that shit."

"It's okay," he said, a little harshly.

Jefferson could sense he was getting pissed.

"Look, Jefferson, I don't have a family. My parents are dead somewhere or whatever and my brother probably drowned and then my foster family got the people in my town to save up money to send me here so I could do some good, but what good have I ever done? What good will I ever do?"

Jefferson was the one now at a loss for words.

What was he supposed to do now?

256 words

well, again, this isn't important to the story and I don't even remember when I wrote this but it's good to say "I'm back":)

maybe I already posted this before in a different context and don't remember...well, sorry.

love ya.