Chapter 5

Simon sat in the corner of the room all by himself. The room itself was small with the only source of light being from the screen of an arcade cabinet flickering to life randomly. He sat behind a few crates that read 'Property Of Fazbear Entertainment 1985' as he deperately tried to think of ways to escape.

The sounds of loud whirring drew near followed by a deep hearty laughter. Someone, or rather something, just stepped in the room with him.

Simon peeked his head out from under the crates to see what it was. It was a large, bulky creature with several cuts lining its costume. Its bulging, luminescent white eyes gave off a sharp, bright glow in the pitch black darkness that smothered the room. Several wires were dangling out of the holes, begging to be free as the monster marched around the room. Its large arms hung near separated from its endoskeleton, barely held together by a thread of wires that were strewn about unevenly and flapped around uncontrollably, as if they had a mind of their own. It walked with one of its abnormally large hands always extending outwards, as if attempting to abduct whatever was near it at all times.

The large yellow bear turned his head to face Simon as he quickly ducked back down behind the crates and covered his mouth with his hands in an attempt to mask his breathing.

"I know you're over there somewhere!" the bear spoke in a booming loud voice.

Simon was almost in tears. He had no idea what to do. He was debating on either trying to run past it or to just keep hiding for a little longer.

Simon was always the paranoid type, having no idea which decision to pick in life threatening situations like this.

"I can see you hiding over there in the darkness!" it yelled as its mechanical footsteps dragged against the reflective floor over in Simon's direction. Not giving the latter choice much thought, he chose to get up and run from the monster.

Bad idea.

As Simon stood up, he felt something abnormally large press against his shoulder. It felt like a hand. Simon was hesitant to turn around at first. When he did, he was almost blinded by a pair of large glowing eyes.

"Gotcha!" the machine yelled as it raised its fist high in the air before violently swinging it downwards. Simon quickly dodged its swipe and ran in the adjacent direction of the entrance towards the arcade machine. He had an idea. As the bear started walking towards him, Simon quickly unplugged the arcade machine.

Neither him or it could see now. However, the disfigured creatures face illuminated the dark as a music box started playing.

"Come on over here, and give your old pal Fredbear a big hug!" it shrieked. Simon stood behind the machine and started pushing it with his back. If he could knock the machine over at the exact moment, he could escape.

It grew closer with every second. Simon could feel it bulge a bit. Finally, right when the robot was standing right in front of the machine, Simon managed to push it forward and it crushed the robot bear. It lay there, struggling to pry off the machine. Simon ran away as fast as he could.

"Hey! Where are you going, Simon?" it asked, but Simon didn't bother responding to it. He ran out of the room.

He ran all the way back home and burst through the front door in tears. When Jeremy saw his son, he immediately thrust himself out of his chair and ran over to him, pulling him into a comforting hug.

"Simon, where have you been?" he expressed in deep concern.

Simon could barely respond due to intensely crying, but he tried. "I got l-locked in that pizzeria, and there was a yellow b-bear thing and he t-t-tried to kill me, I think" he quickly choked out. His dad was slowly beginning to cry in joy that he was still alive.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up" said Jeremy as he escorted Simon to the bathroom and ran the shower. His hands were trembling with trepidation.

"Simon, please don't do that to me again. I really thought you were gone for a moment" said Jeremy.

Simon got in the shower, still with some tears running down his face. "I'm sorry, dad. I won't let that happen again" he reassured.

"Good. Good. Well if you need me, I'll be inside watching some TV. Have fun in there" spoke Jeremy before going inside and leaving Simon alone in the shower.

Simon spent that session reminiscing about his experience. He still couldn't believe he had the strength to push an arcade machine over like that. It must have been from the sudden adreniline rush brought on by his "fight or flight mode" response. He ran a bit of shampoo through his hair while slowly calming down, realizing he was safe from whatever that thing was for now. This was the sort of thing he knew he had to share with his friends next time he saw them in school.

He stepped out of the shower and dried himself off before joining his dad on the couch and watched a random show he was watching. Something about a vampire. But Simon was interested in it oddly enough.