Chapter 20

Mike sat there, still donning the mask of the familiar brown bear, dust lingering around the room. It was nearly 6 AM and the animatronics had surprisingly ceased their attempts to sneak in the office. Time was moving slow, and he was slowly starting to lose patience. He wanted these kids to be safe, if anything else. After all, they saved him from almost certain death, it was the least he could do. He stood up abruptly and grabbed their hands.

"Come on... We're getting out of here." he mumbled, slightly muffled by the mask. He put down the tablet and opened up both doors, prepared to step outside.

"W-Wait! It's not 6 AM yet! They'll kill us if they see us without a mask or something over our heads!" Amanda cried out, angrily shooting a glare at Brendon.

"Don't worry..." Mike softly spoke. "I've got an idea for that."

Mike stepped outside and hid the kids behind his body as they all marched along in a single file line outside the office down the East Hallway over to the Dining Area. The animatronics all glared at Mike, still under the belief he was an animatronic walking around. Everyone tried their best to mask their own breathing as to prevent suspicion. Mike kept a look of sternness on his face as he marched forward, tightly clutching the kids hands until they reached the entrance, where he burst down the door and ran out with them to his car.

The warm sun was already beginning to beam down on them as it finally reached 6 AM. They did it. They survived the night, and Mike's first week on the job was done. As they walked out, they saw a couple of day guards pulling up and heading inside the building, casually waving hello at Mike as he piled the 4 kids in the back and front seats of the car. He began driving them back to Simon's house for them all to relax at. The drive was a few minutes, but he eventually got them home safely.

"Well, here we are! This is where you guys came from, right?" he spoke.

"Yep!" called out Brendon gleefully, excited to be back at the house again.

"Alright! You guys should be good, hopefully! Hope your parents don't find out you spent a whole night with a guy like me" he chuckled to himself.

The kids piled out of the car one by one and began making their way up to the house again. Simon's parents seemed to not be home, so nobody would know about their adventures from last night. The air was cold around them, about as cold as it was during their walk to Freddy's. However, just before Brendon could open the door, someone called out to him.

"Hey! Hold up!" a voice yelled.

Brendon quickly spun around and saw Michael running up to the house holding the Freddy mask he had used to ward off the animatronics back at Freddy's. He smirked at Brendon.

"Here, I want you to have this, buddy" he spoke in his calm voice and handing Brendon the Freddy mask.

"W-Wait... You want ME to have this?" Brendon was quite surprised by this. It was the kind of thing he had always wanted, but his father was never willing to give him one for reasons he still couldn't understand.

"Yeah! I know how much you really like Freddy's and its mysteries, and you also saved my life back there. Had you guys not been there, I would have been a goner. So I figured I'd give you this as a way of saying thanks for saving me" Mike smirked again. Brendon took the mask slowly, still in clear shock. His eyes lit up with excitement.

"Why, thank you- Um... Actually, I don't think I ever learned your name?" Brendon asked

"Heh, it's Michael" he spoke, his breath visible in the cold air.

"Oh! Well thank you for this, Michael!" Brendon yelled in excitement.

"Don't mention it, little guy. Now you run along now, and enjoy your day" Mike spoke before turning around, climbing in his car and driving away, Brendon waving goodbye to him before taking the mask back inside. He was immediately overwhelmed with excitement. He set the mask down on the table as he ran up to the others to catch up. They all spent the rest of the day chatting amongst themselves and recalling how awesome Michael was, even Amanda seemed to be quite fond of him, even though she nearly argued that day with Brendon about how he nearly got them all killed.

Mike later returned home and hung up his uniform. He sat down at the table, noticing a pink check for $120.00 along with a 'Good job, sport! See you next week!' written next to it. Mike smiled, thinking of the kids and how happy Brendon was when he gave him that Freddy mask. Once again, William was nowhere in sight, so Mike was able to do whatever he wanted. He whipped out a book Fazbear Entertainment had provided him, a security logbook of some sort, and began doodling in it while also recounting his experience as a security guard. The cover of the book was stained in dry blood and had a picture of Freddy and the gang on it. He flipped open the first page and wrote down his name in red pen.

He wasn't going back there next week...