Chapter 18

The clock struck 1 AM...

It had only been an hour since Mike discovered this group of kids and pulled them into his office for the night. It was too dangerous to just let them wander around a haunted pizzeria, even if they were teenagers. Bonnie was already patrolling the halls, Chica was messing around in the kitchen, and Freddy and Foxy remained dormant for the time being. Brendon and Amanda were eyeing the left hall for any signs of Bonnie or Foxy, Kaitlin helped search for the animatronics with Mike on the cameras, and Simon was tasked with handling the right door for Chica or Freddy.

For the most part, the gang held their breath and only rarely spoke to each other during the experience, putting together all their focus as the activity levels remained low for the most part. Mike peered around on the cameras, and saw Foxy peering out. He couldn't help but shutter at the sight of the character, remembering what damage he had caused to his younger brother all those years ago. He looked noticeably distressed.

"Mike...? Are you okay?" asked Kaitlin in concern. Mike looked up at her quickly and blurted out the first thing he thought of.

"Um... Yeah. Perfectly fine" he spoke extremely quick, eager to get his nose back in the tablet again. Kaitlin looked confused, and left Mike alone for a minute to check the right hall.

"Anything yet, Simon?" she asked him. Simon shook his head no in disappointment. On the left side of the office, Brendon and Amanda were bickering over the idea to come here to begin with and how they could die.

"Well, sorry! I thought this would be fun for all of us!" yelled Brendon.

"Fun...? For ALL OF US? Do you actually expect me to believe you see this as some sort of twisted game for all of us?" screeched Amanda back at him. "Because if that's what you see this as, then this 'game' of yours has the chance to get each and every single last one of us here killed!"

"Can't you ever live life properly for once outside of that big bubble of protection of yours, Amanda?!" bickered Brendon, further fueling the argument.

In the midst of the arguing, Mike saw the yellow poster again like he did on his first night and yelled, causing Brendon and Amanda to cease their bickering and look over in his direction. Mike began to sweat again.

"N-No... Not you again..." he shakily mumbled under his breath. Lowering his monitor, he saw the monster again right in front of him, in that same dead like position, much to the surprise of everyone else as they were able to see him as well, letting out a yell similar to his.

"M-Mike...? It's me!" it spoke in a voice similar to Kenny's. "It's me! Don't you recognize me, Mikey?"

"What the fuck is that thing?!?" yelled Amanda. The suit just ignored her and continued centering its beaming glare on Mike.

"No. You're not him! You're just using his voice to trick me!" he shouted at the suit, alerting the other animatronics to his position. He flipped the monitor up and the yellow suit faded away, giggling.

At that moment, everyone heard a slightly deeper laugh that sounded like.....

Freddy.

Mike checked the cameras and surely enough, his suspicions were correct. Freddy was missing from the stage completely.

"W-What was that yellow thing...?" Kaitlin asked.

"N-No time to explain right now! For now, we got a runner on the loose!" Mike yelled, showing them the completely empty stage on the camera.

And with that, everyone was back to checking sides. Bonnie was now approaching the left hall, with the time being 1:30 AM. Chica was also in the right hall, causing Simon to freeze with fear at the sight of her eyes both staring in opposite directions.

Bonnie got closer to the door, and Brendon briefly also froze with fear seeing the large hulking rabbit that close to them in so long, now knowing his dark side with him being possessed by the soul of a child, unable to escape and only begging for freedom.

"Well, what are you waiting for?!? Shut the door!!!" yelled Amanda, snapping Brendon out of his deep thoughts. He slammed the door in the machine's face.

"Damn rabbit!" Brendon called out to it as Bonnie banged on the door loudly, mumbling in some strange voice as if it knew it was that close to escape.

Chica took the chance to move up to the blind spot outside the room without Simon knowing. When he flipped on the door light, there she was, twitching at him, her eyes still staring in different directions. Simon completely froze with fear as it slowly reached out for him with its huge yellow arms.

Then the door went down with a slam! Simon snapped out of his daze and turned to see Mike with his fist pressed firmly against the door button.

"Hate to tell you, buddy, but staring at them won't make them go away. It'll just get us all killed!" yelled Mike as he kept an eye on the cameras once more.

Freddy laughed again, and a music box could be heard faintly in the distance.

"W-What is that?" asked Amanda.

"You forgot Freddy always played that tune during show hours?" Brendon responded.

"Wait... Where is Freddy, anyways?" she asked Mike, who was trying to locate exactly where Freddy was on the cameras. The music became unbearably loud on the broken kitchen camera, which answered their question instantly.

"... He's in the kitchen" Mike mumbled, drowned out by the loud music coming from the kitchen.

Mike looked up at the clock on the wall. 3 AM.