Chapter 14

He sat there and stared at it as it continued to ring. He tried answering it, but it went straight to voicemail. A voice began speaking, stuttering like the person on the other end of the line was nervous about something.

"Um... Hello? Hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night on the job!"

Mike sat back, unimpressed (and also disgusted) with the looks of the office he had to sit in. Papers were scattered everywhere on the desk, an empty cup sat there, still halfway full, and a small grey desk fan was plugged in and set to its highest setting, providing a cooling atmosphere to the rather small and claustrophobic room.

"Um, okay! Well I actually worked in that office before you, fun fact! I'm about to finish my last week there. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I want to reassure you there is nothing to worry about! You'll do fine! So let's just focus on getting you through your first week, okay?"

"Heh, first week. Why would I even want to return to this shit stain of a place after the first night here?" Mike asked himself aloud. He didn't really bother to listen to much of the call as he grabbed one of the paper balls on the desk and threw it around as the man on the phone babbled on like a child about the company and their strange history over the years Freddy's has gone on for.

"The animatronic characters do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No!"

That comment made Mike suddenly freeze for a moment as he thought to himself for a moment.

"They get a bit quirky? The fuck does that mean?"

At that time, he noticed a small black tablet sitting on his desk. He grabbed it and turned it on. He was shown a screen from one of the cameras perspectives of the Show Stage, the red curtain now opening up due to it being 12AM. The three animatronic robots on stage simply sat there and stared blankly at the Dining Area where the people would normally be crowding around to watch their shows. They looked a lot creepier at night.

"So just be aware. The characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of... Free roaming mode during the night, I think. Something about their servos locking up if they get left off for too long?"

Something already wasn't right about this place in Mike's mind. He felt sweat trickling down his forehead already, and it was already 12:05.

"They used to be allowed to walk around during the day, too! But then there was the Bite of 87"

His eyes suddenly widened and looked up at the phone as his hands began to tremble at that statement. His whole body was soon covered with sweat as the memories began to fade in again.

"W-What did you just say?" he asked in a very shaky voice.

Mike felt his mind unravel into the horrible memories. He remembered the Foxy Mask, the beatings from William, the unimaginable pain the imprints from the beatings left him with... He couldn't take it. Words began to flash across his vision: IT'S ME. IT'S ME. IT'S ME. Over and over again, the words danced around the room like ballerinas, taunting him endlessly.

Mike quickly looked around the cameras, thinking it would help take his mind off it, and clicked on a camera labeled "West Hall Corner". What he saw on that camera was something he would have preferred to have never saw at all.

The otherwise normal looking poster of Freddy Fazbear on the wall was now different. It was replaced by a poster of a yellow Freddy with no eyes pressing its face against it like it was a window. Mike heard a high pitched childlike giggling fill the room as he lowered the monitor, remembering the bite and how he ran off like a kid after it was done.

And then he saw it...

Sitting in the room in front of him was a yellow Freddy Fazbear suit, resembling the one on the poster. It sat there in a dead like posture, staring directly at Mike with its head slightly cocked to the side, a large sadistic smile of sheer delight filling its expression.

It sat there as the words flashed again and Mike felt like he was about to collapse. He could hear Kenny's voice bouncing around in his mind chanting:

"It's me, Mikey... Don't you remember me?" Mike tried to fight against the hallucinations to hear the man on the phone talk.

"The animatronics may not see you as a person. They may instead see you as a metal endoskeleton without a suit on. Now, that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, and the robots fully know that. So if they do catch you, they might try to... Forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit."

 And with those words, the suit slowly but abruptly rose to its feet, the hallucinations getting worse and leaving Mike speechless...

Suddenly, without warning, it leaped right towards Mike, screaming in a very low demonic voice. Mike quickly hid his face in the monitor and yelled, waiting for impending death. But nothing happened. The screams faded out, the hallucinations ceased, and Mike lowered the tablet slowly to see the suit and all traces of it completely gone, no signs of it ever being there at all.

"Just check those cameras and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary! Gotta conserve power! Alright, goodnight!"

And with that, the call ended. Mike sat there, drenched in sweat from fear as he tried to calm himself.

"Alright, Mike. Just calm down. Try to relax."

He turned on the monitor again and saw that something was off:

Bonnie was GONE....