Chapter 17

And with that, Mr. Afton was all alone again.

William had forgotten what it was like to be truly alone. It had been so long since he last sat in silence. In boredom. Without the comfort of his lovely wife, or the presence of any of his children, the house was filled with deafening silence. A silence he could not unhear.

In the midst of boredom, he remembered something... Another group of animatronics he built alongside his crew of Funtime animatronics that had been rejected. However, unlike those animatronics, who had been designed for public entertainment, this group wasn't...

They were designed for something much worse...

Around the time of the bite, William had started running these experiments where he would capture children and trap them in these big rooms, having them run around back and forth in the darkness with only a flashlight. They would have to survive against these huge abominations, who would stomp around in the halls and make strange sounds.

Afton remembered those robots, and decided to give them a new purpose. And with Michael working at Freddy's, and everyone else out of his way, there wasn't a single reason in his mind why he couldn't do just that. So off he went...

When William arrived at the large mock up of his own home, he immediately noticed it had been taken back by nature. All sorts of strange plant like growth was forming around it, and the paint looked chipped and rusty, truly showing that this secret lab of his had been lost to time. William took out a key and unlocked the front door leading inside, and closed it behind him, smothering the room in a void of darkness.

He walked off to the left hall, almost bumping into one of his animatronics that he had not used in a long time. He stepped into the bedroom, and sat on the bed, allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness before activating the machines.

After a few minutes, Will abruptly lept off the bed and stared at the closet. He could see the outline of a large metallic snout and open mouth with sharp teeth inside. Dust particles floated around it in the air around the both of them. William reached inside and felt around on the back of the thing's head. He flipped on a switch, and a hellish noise sounded, echoing in the room around them. A pair of orange eyes shot on, and darted around the room quickly, before spotting Afton. Unable to tell who it was due to the darkness, the fierce beast began snarling and screaming in a voice similar to Michael's during his adolescent years. It also extended out an arm to try and grab the shadowy hidden figure in front of him.

Afton cackled and slammed shut the closet doors until the noises stopped. Pulling back the closet, a plushie now sat in place of the bulky animatronic, whos head was resting idily behind it. Afton shut it down and approached the bed, flipping on the switch of the creature underneath. A pair of yellow eyes activated and a low growl sounded from underneath. Three small creatures similar to the bear flung up on the bed, sitting there and screeching in an animalistic way. Afton quickly powered it back down again before exiting the bedroom.

Heading back into the hall, he quickly tested out the other two animatronics standing there, resembling Bonnie and Chica. Upon being activated, they both started to advance closer to the bedroom before activating a pre recorded tape of loud breathing noises, the sounds Afton taped of one of his victims breathing heavily on the verge of death, and slowed down and boosted.

They stepped back and began spurting pre recorded dialogue, something they rarely ever did. But it was ungodly noisy and hard to hear what they were saying. William nodded his head in approval at how his pets were still functioning, and once they were all powered down for the day, headed for the exit.

A pair of furious red eyes shot on mysteriously and stared at Afton, more dust particles fluttering gently in the air like butterflies. William turned around and saw the eyes, immediately able to tell who was staring at him. He couldn't help but laugh.

"Hello..." he spoke out rhetorically. The eyes just continued to stare at him, never moving away from his gaze.

"I'm surprised you of all them still work. I was sure you were fully broken. But I guess they found a way to piece you back together"

The way Afton spoke made it aware he knew who was staring at him. A mystery shrouded in shadows had just been dusted down and discovered. The eyes continued staring for a little longer, slightly dimming in dismay upon realizing who was there. It stepped just a bit closer, breaking the silence and causing Will to step a bit back towards the door.

"I should have known you wouldn't be content on disappearing" Afton mocked.

"Of course you wouldn't. I know exactly what you want. If my death is your answer for freedom, I'm all yours" he outstrectched his arms in a taunting manner.

He stepped back a bit more until his back was pressed against the door. He kept gazing at it as he drew back the large creaking door, allowing light to seep in and reveal the face behind the red eyes.

A large yellow bear resembling Fredbear, but with large hands and monstrous claws and teeth with blood stains on them. The creature pulled back from the light, roared, and charged at Afton, screeching loudly with his claws outstretched and his jaw stretching open for a bite. Afton stepped outside the building and slammed the door in the yellow bear's face, a loud thump noise sounding followed by the sound of loud pounding and knocking coming from the other side and more roaring.

William could hear the voice of his son speaking in his mind.

"Daddy...?" it spoke before fading out as did the knocking, now replaced with footsteps stomping away mixed with loud growling. Will looked confused, briefly spinning around to face the source of the voice, albeit delayed.

Afton went back inside, threw himself down on his sofa, and prepared for what he would do with these machines, as well as the construction of another animatronic to add to the line up...

It all started with a white mask and sharp teeth.