Chapter 19

It was now 3 AM, and everyone was still thrust into blind panic. Michael was still searching the cameras, now with around 54% power left in the building. Freddy was preparing to ditch the kitchen, Bonnie was in the backroom, giving the hallway some breathing space, Chica was also present in the kitchen, and Foxy was about to make his move towards the cramped security room.

"Ugh, how much longer until this night is over?" groaned Amanda, growing more and more bored. "Can we go home now? I don't think our parents are gonna appreciate the fact that our lives are practically in jeopardy."

"The night ends in another 3 hours from now. After that, I'll take you four back home if you wish" Mike spoke calmly.

"Yeah, we'd appreciate if you could" Brendon said. The others nodded their heads in agreement. "But don't you have to be home by 6 AM? What will your father do?"

"Don't worry what my father will do. I'm not worried about what he'll do. He doesn't even care about me anyways, so he probably won't even care about what happened tonight" Mike grunted. The room fell silent.

That silence was broken upon Freddy's laughter, and loud footsteps approaching the left side of the office. Brendon's eyes widened as he turned around, sprinting towards the door. Time seemed to slow down at this moment. It wasn't even that far from a distance between the sides of the office. Brendon saw the outline of something red that stood in front of the door...

Foxy. At that moment, the door light flickered on by itself with no influence, causing everyone to scream in shock as the fox screamed back in an almost child like voice. Brendon slammed his fist against the red button, turning it green, and bringing down the large door.

A loud knock sound echoed through the pizzeria for about a full minute before Foxy sprinted back to his pirate cove and leaving the office behind. Brendon was hesitant to open the door at first, but relieved when nobody was there. Simon peered out the right hall.

The laughter cued again, and Freddy ran right past Simon, not even seeing him, and causing him to jump back with a gasp. He peered outside and saw the outline of the bear as it turned to his direction...

Freddy was staring right at him. It didn't move, but just stood there and stared him down, as if giving him a chance to react. Freddy's normally blue eyes seemingly vanished and were replaced by eternal black voids with the glowing pinprick eyes, the whites of heaven, staring directly into his soul. His smile looked permanent, as if he was forced to smile like this in front of the children every single day, despite being crushed and desperate to escape on the inside. Simon could almost feel the creatures pain just by staring into those eyes of dismay.

Freddy slowly began walking up to the door. Simon tried to shut the door on him, only to be met with a clicking noise, for it was too late. Freddy had placed his hand above the doorway, as if to prevent it from closing it on him. His eyes continued to meet Simon's as he knew he had just fucked up to the most extreme. All he could do was back away, as with the others.

Freddy leaned forward and just stared at them Strange whispering filled the room as Freddy screeched at his loudest, quickly placing a hand on Mike's shoulder, and punching him right in the face with his free hand before dragging his body out of the office through the right hall.

After that, the kids were all left shocked and almost scarred. They knew they had no choice but to do something, but they didn't know what. They could go after him, but they could also die trying. The kids quickly talked it out among themselves before agreeing saving Mike was the most they could do. He took them into the office and acted super selfless around them. It was the best way they could pay him back, even if it killed them.

Brendon checked the halls, but the left one was cleared. They all stepped out and walked among the damp and wet left hall. It squished as they walked in it, in a grotesque fashion. They caught Freddy sneaking into the backstage room and Foxy still tucked behind the purple curtain.

There was a small keyhole on the door, allowing Brendon to peer in. Freddy put the unconscious Mike on the table, and a wide open Freddy mask on his head. Freddy started towards the door again, causing Brendon to alert the others in a hushed whisper as they scurried to the nearest spot to hide. They hid right behind the door and held their breaths.

The door suddenly burst open and Freddy emerged from the spiraling darkness inside the room. His glowing eyes lit up the darkened establishment as he retreated back to the right hall again, believing the kids were still there. Brendon and the others approached Mike. Freddy hadn't killed him, but left the mask to slowly close on its own, which would kill him.

"Careful with that thing. Don't set the devices off, or else this sting operation was for nothing" whispered Kaitlin.

"No worries. My dad dealt with this stuff a lot. I know what I'm doing" confidently spoke Brendon.

Brendon reached up and removed the mask slowly, trying to remember what his dad had taught him if he saw someone in this situation. He was as gentle as he could in order to pry it off. He unhinged both sides of the jaw and slowly lifted up the mask from the shoulders. Next thing you know, Brendon was holding the empty Freddy head in his hands, and Mike was still alive with his body stuck inside the rest of the suit.

The only thing left to do was to quickly make sure that no other animatronic would show up before Mike woke up, and it took him a while to. Brendon locked the door just in case. Mike woke up at around 5:30 AM, so close to freedom.

"...Huh...? W-What happened...?" he murmured, trying to open his eyes.

"Long story short, Freddy punched you and tried to stuff you inside this suit. But we followed him back here and I removed the head before any damage could be dealt." Brendon held up the head in front of Mike and his eyes widened. Mike slowly removed the rest of the suit and took the head from Brendon's hands, holding it up to his eyes and flipping it around so that the bottom of it could be seen. Mike reached inside and removed all the devices inside.

"Heh, I've always been curious to try this" said Mike as he threw the mask over his head, making him look like Freddy. Mike emerged from the door and walked back to the office, seeing that it was almost 6 AM.

"Yes! We're almost outta here, guys!" he said. The 4 kids smiled in joy, knowing they would soon be free.

Then Bonnie showed up at the left door. Before Brendon could do anything, Mike approached Bonnie and just stared at him with the Freddy mask on, trying to see if he could confuse Bonnie into believing he was only Freddy. The teens sat there in anticipation, hoping the trick would work, and Bonnie would leave them alone.

Minutes felt like hours as the two just stared at each other. Bonnie broke the silence by storming away with his loud footsteps. Apparently, he had seen Mike as a stuffed corpse due to the Freddy mask and human eyes peering through it.

"Haha, yes!" Mike laughed as the kids gasped in delight. They now had a new way of survival that wouldn't cost power. It wasn't long now before the night would end and he would escort them all back home safely. It was all smooth sailing from this point... Right?