Murky Waters

"If you don't leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future."-George Reid

I threw my hands up in frustration, a huff escaping my lips as the wind scattered my notes across the floor. I glared at the small sheet that fluttered in front of my window, the only thing coming close to a glass particle since I had smashed the previous one in a fit of anger. I sighed before gathering the slips of paper that had scattered across the room. Almost every single one was covered in ink, lines drawn to connect ideas. Fury spit through me as I glanced at all of them, each determining a different way to find this guy "Luke" in Auradon that supposedly is the long lost brother that was "killed" by my mother AKA Queen Mal of the Isle. I hit my fist against the wall, making sure to soften my blow as to not go through the rotted structure. I glared at the fluttering papers, venom seeping from my gaze. I wish they would just light on fire. I wish Mal would light on fire and take all her problems with her. I chuckled darkly. OH wait, I am one of those problems. As thoughts whirled through my head, I didn't notice that a figure stood near my window, a small grin on his face.

A stream of hot air tickled my neck and my hand went to my waist, fingering my knife lightly, debating on whether or not to stab the person behind me until they bled out. A smirk appeared on my face at the thought of the blood of a useless opponent running through my fingers as I presented yet another body to my  grandmother. I quickly snapped out of my dark thoughts as a hand drifted over my shoulder.

Last straw.

I whirled around, my sharpened knife glinting as it caught the mid day sun. A grunt of surprise escaped the stranger as my knife just caught the hook he was carrying in his left hand. I groaned and rolled my eyes, dropping my hand and pushing the hook away.

Stupid boys.

I turned back to the wobbly desk. "What do you want Cole?" I asked, an angry tone escaping under my breath, but a smile snuck its way onto my face as he embraced me from behind, burying his face into the crook of my neck. I relaxed and a sigh escaped my lips as his mouth trailed up my neck, leaving feather-light kisses in his path.

Lucifer, this boy knew how to get a hold of me.

His voice broke the silence and I turned to gaze into his ever-changing blue eyes.

"Ye look thin, have ye been eatin?" I could hear the worried tone in his voice as he stepped back and looked me up and down. I directed my gaze to my boots, scuffing the dirt floor. "Yeah, loads." I lied, knowing he'd see right through me. His hook caught my chin and trailed up my jaw, lifting my head until our eyes met.

"Don't lie to me, lass. Bad things come to.....liers, Melanie." My name rolled off his tongue and my knees weakened as I leaned into him. His lips met mine and a sigh escaped my lips as he worked his lips against mine, slowly, almost like he cared. I was so engrossed in his lips and the heightened feeling that sat in my stomach, I almost didn't see the door crack open and a shadow fall over our connected heads. I groaned internally as my grandmother's face came into view and I snapped my head back, smashing it against the wall forcefully. I silently cursed her being as my hand immediately went to the throbbing bump on the back of my skull. Wincing, my eyes flickered as I turned my hair, glaring at Maleficent who had a stony look on her face. As I glared at her, I noticed how eerily her whole body had an aura-like glow around it. A hand slipped onto my lower back and I glanced at Cole, hoping he knew his limits.

Something was off about her. I could sense it and an uneasy feeling settled in my stomach, bile rising in my throat.

Something bad was about to happen.

Her lips twisted into a grin and her eyes flicked to Cole's hand. Her hand twitched and Cole fell to the floor with a thud. A shriek escaped my lips and I knelt beside him, sighing in relief as his chest rose and fell steadily. I glared at her, my eyes a venomous green color as they met hers. A smirk was thrown my way as she laughed, an evil cackle filling the empty room.

"What do you want?" I spat, my hand resting on Cole's chest. She leaned against the wall, her gaze flickering around my shabby room. "There is a boy coming from Auradon very soon." She examined her fingernails. I rolled my eyes. "What do you want me to do with him? Bring him to you?" I asked exasperated. She tore her gaze from her hands for it to rest on me.

"No." She said simply. " I want you to kill him."

My eyes widened at the thought of killing a boy from Auradon. It would start a war for sure. I met her stare. "Which boy." I asked confidently, even though the thought of throwing up was appealing to my senses. She paused before answering, almost hesitant.

"The son of King Beast and Queen Belle." She spat their names and I stared at her in awe.

I had to kill the royal family's son.

The room spun, and I was threatened with the possibility of falling over. Shaking my head, I tried to focus on her. I squinted my eyes and  stared at her in confusion. "Which son?" I asked coldly, knowing any other reaction would have me chained with iron in the cellar. She let out a small chuckle, a small glimmer of pride reflecting in her eyes.

"He should be coming in approximately 45 minutes. Watch him, play with him, get him alone, kill him. That is your plan. His head will be brought to me by tomorrow morning. If not, the punishment will be severe. And whatever he tells you about your past, ignore it. I was and always be, the only person who cared enough to save you from your psychotic mother. Anything anyone says otherwise is a lie. Remember that." With that, she whisked herself from my room, the door slamming. I stood in shock, my mind barely registering what was happening.

A groan sounded from the floor and my attention snapped back to Cole. I put my arm around him and helped him up. He rubbed his forehead. "What happened?" He mumbled, pain coherent in his voice. I tried to steady my voice as I grabbed my knife, the initials KB flashing in the sun. I had found it when I was six, as it had been left by my crazy mother. It had helped me through some nights. My hand absent mindly went to my wrists, my fingertips drifting over the gloves that covered the scars. I squeezed my eyes closed, knowing the killing of yet another innocent person would add yet another scar to my body. The door creaked as I opened it, and my voice was gruff as I dodged Cole's question.

"Stay as long as you would like, I'll be back by morning." As I closed the rickety door, his piercing eyes followed me out, confusion shifting through them. I closed my eyes and sighed, before shaking my head and standing up a little taller.

I will make my grandmother proud but not before getting every bit of information about my "brother" out of this death burdened prince.

A/N

Hey my beautiful people! 13 CHAPTERS! And you guys have been there the whole way!!!! Tell me what you think!!! You obviously know whos coming to the isle but how will Melanie take it? And how will Mal take it knowing her son is on a very dangerous island? Find put next chapter! Vote and COmment please!!!!!