Visitor

"Sometimes we survive by forgetting..."
~Unknown

I was fucking freezing.

My whole body had gone numb after the dagger had impaled me. I knew Melanie was going to do it sooner or later.

Living with Maleficent will corrupt you that way.

My breathing became shallower as pain erupted in my chest and I slowly felt myself fall backwards. I tilted my head to the side to see Evie racing toward me, tears already starting to form in her eyes. My eyelids were getting heavier and I could feel myself start to drift in and out of consciousness. Evie's smooth touch gently brushed over my crown and my wrist, fiddling with the bracelet she had given me when we were around six. Her hands slowly moved to my chin, tracing my jawline.

Pain coursed through my head as I forced my eyes to open, needing to see her one last time. She started stuttering and a small smile ghosted my lips as I thought of how nervous she was. Putting a finger to my lips, I shushed her quickly and made her come closer so I could tell her the one thing that had been in my mind since day one.

"I love you, E."

My eyes were forced shut and I could see the shock register on her face as she broke down in tears. A bright light clouded my vision and I tried to shield my eyes but my hands were gone and so was my body and I was suddenly drifting. Closing my eyes, I embraced death, knowing I had cheated it enough.

And then the light was cut off.

Hushed whispers and frantic voices reached my ears and I struggled to open my eyes. A shadowy figure loomed over me and I felt a sharp prick in my arm.

And then it was dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could see the outline of a light swinging back and forth above my head. Groaning in pain, I sat up, swiveling my head back and forth, confusion tumbling throughout my mind.

"Where am I?" I murmured to myself quietly. A figure caught my vision and my mouth dropped. I could feel the growl emitted from my throat and my eyes glowed green.

"Why the fuck are you on the Isle? You know if my mother finds out your here, she'll do a lot worst to you then she did to Sleeping Beauty." The venom dripped from my tone and a smirk appeared on my face. I shifted my glare to the boy in the hospital bed that was staring, dumbfounded, at me. I squinted my eyes, trying to see him. He looked familiar...almost like...

"Is that Ben?" I questioned, turning to Belle once again, a look of fake happiness plastered on her face as she glanced from Ben? To me. When she didn't respond, I rolled my eyes and swung my legs out of the hospital bed I had mysteriously been laid in. I could feel the burning gaze of the two figures across from me as I bent down, shuffling through the neatly folded clothes that were piled at my feet. I smiled as my hands hit a pair of boots and I quickly slid them on, not bothering to buckle them. As I stood, the small mirror at my bedside caught my attention and I tilted my head slightly, a look of horror on my face. Backing away, I hit the corner of the bed and hissed in bed, forcing myself to look square at the mirror.

The girl in the mirror had straightened purple hair that went down to the small of her back. Her eyes were a softened blue that held a look of contempt. The scars on her arms had disappeared and I slowly lifted my hospital gown, letting it fall to the ground.

Flawless.

Her skin had been smoothed and the scars on her hips, stomach, ribs.

They had disappeared too.