Interlude

Ari sighed with content as she watched her latest buyer drive off in a StingRay.

That was another 12 grand towards the house and thirty acres.

She wiped the grease on her jeans, leaving a redish stain where her hand was. She walked into the house, making sure not to slam the door. The wonderful aroma of cookies wafted inside her nostrils, she gave a happy sigh.

" mum, those smell heavenly!"

A small redhead turned around, her blue eyes had a sad tint.

" Thanks sweetie, their almost done....how did the sale go?"

The teen brushed her Brown hair out of her face, leaving a grease mark across her forehead.

" I got 12grand for the car! That was three thousand more than what I bought it for!"

Her mother sighed.

" We received another bill....we may need to barrow your money.....I promise we'll repay you...." she said softly.

The girl hugged her mother.

" Seeing all that you and dad have done, I'll gladly let you have it."

Her mother gave a small gasp, Ari paused and gave a confused look, her mother laughed and pulled a wrench out of her daughter's pocket.

She kissed her mothers cheek.

" mum, I'm going to take a driveabout, and look for somethin new."

Her mother nodded and watched as her daughter walked out the door.

" Thank you Lord for that child...." she prayed silently.