>>1<<

Ari got into a old Chevy truck, turning on the car, she shiffted into reverse and drove off.

After several miles she spotted a car lot that read:

Padro's used cars! Buy from the best.

Ari laughed softly and pulled in, parking her car, she hopped out.

She looked around.

The only thing she could think of was: dump

The place was trashed, run down building, Fords everywhere ( nuff said ) small children were running around, and the air had a strong alcohol smell.

Ari shuddered.

A Hispanic voice boomed throughout the lot.

" Ah!! Welcome Seniorita! "

Ari looked to see a dark, overweight spaniard, wobble his way over towards her. She noticed he was wearing a nicer clothes and shoes then what the children around here were wearing. She gave a heavy sighs, the over bearing smell of alcohol filled her nostrils.

The man bowed down and kissed her hand.

" I am honored to have such a beautiful woman in my lot." He said, false flattery oozing out of his mouth. Ari quickly reqoiled her hand and brought it to her side.

" I'm here to look at older models." She said quickly, wanting to avoid all small talk if possible. The man put on a salesmen grin.

" Ah! Yes we have many old cars! Very cheap! Most run!"

Ari sighed and followed as the man hobbeled from one car to the next.

" What about dis one? " he asked, pausing in front of a 89 Lincoln. Ari paused and looked over the car.

Lincoln was a Ford brand, one she didn't like, but could work with.

She skimmed over the body, she decided it must have come from the north, seeing that the entire underside was rusted, alongside with a few holes caused by salt and water.

She popped the hood.

And not to her surprise there wasn't a engine. She laughed and slammed it shut.

The man gave a confused look.

" You no like?" He asked. Ari nodded.

" It has no engine, won't run." She replied crossing her arms.

The salesman put on mock surprise.

" Really? I must talk to my people about this......"

He led her to a number of cars, most had the same problem as the first, or when they found one she could work with, his price was inconceivable. She sighed in defeat, and turned to leave.

The man chased after her with desperate determination.

" Wait! Please! Just a few more!!! I have some in the back I keep for emergencies!" He said begging her.

Ari looked at her watch, she had several hours before dinner. She threw her head back in trust frustration.

" Fine." She growled. She was slowly becoming annoyed at the man.

The salesman practically jumped with excitement.

" You won't regret this senioritya!!!!" He shouted dragging her along.

He led her to the back of the property, the while she was praying he wasn't going to murder her. He he stopped she was surprised at what she saw.

Classics.....and a lot of them.

She walked over to a 1889 Porsche carria, with a whale tail and frog fenders. She whistled softly, running a hand over the faded white paint job.

" You like dis one?" He asked giving her a toothy grin. She nodded.

" Very much, I can give you 8grand for it." She said. Padro scoffed.

" No, I can give it to you for 16grand." He replied.

The two went back and forth, until Ari crossed her arms and walked over to another option.

More or less two.

Buried under a pile of junk were two 1884 classic sport Lamborghinis.

She pulled some of the junk off to show one red, in ok condition and a yellow one, which was run.down.

She couldn't tear her eyes from them. She had to get one.

She heard Padro walk behind her and give surprised scoff.

" You want that one?" He asked pointing to the red. She wanted to say yes, but some part of her would rather die than separate the two cars.

" Uh....I'll take both....." she whispered. The salesman raised his eyes in confusion.

" Both? Lady your loco... we've had these forever, you don't want these......" he laughed. Ari rolled her eyes.

" I'll give you six grand for both of them." She huffed, knowing very well they weren't worth that much.

She smirked as the man dropped his jaw.

" Ce Ce!! Yes! We have a deal!!" He shouted, shaking her hand a too little long.

When Pedro left to get the paper work, she ran a hand over the cars. She loved the personality of the cars, not in the sense they were alive, but the look it gave when driving down the road. She felt that this one would cause a lot of problems, as would the yellow, if she could get it running.

Opening the drives door, she halfway leaned inside, observing the quality inside, which to her surprise was in fairly good condition.

Pulling herself into the drivers seat, she places her hands on the wheel. A red symbol caught her attention. It was like a man's face. Sh had worked on thousands of cars, and never had she seen that symbol. She swelled up with curiosity. Had she found a rare car, if the yellow was like this one, she might be able to make a fortune.

She crawled into the identical car, she was shocked.

The outside and in looked like it went through a robot invasion war and barely survived....this one would be a lot of work.

" Ok loco lady, here's the paper work. "

Ari crawled out of the car and took it from him and handed over the payment in cash. And could almost see the cash signs gleaming in his eyes.

After she filled out the work Pedro handed her two keys.

She smiled, happy at her find.

Walking over to her truck, she pulled out to chains, she could drag both of these home.

Two hours later she pulled into the driveway towing both cars.

She saw her mother on the porch and waved. Getting out she showed her the find.

Her mother nodded, approving when she saw the red one, but her face fell at the sight of the yellow.

" Sweetie...." she gasped.

" that yellow one looks like it went though a battle field...."

Ari shrugged.

" Well mum, it adds character."