>>21<<

Jazz opened his door and allowed the young man to crawl in. The dark claded figure reached behind him and buckled up.

" Was it to much of a hassle to use the groundbridge to come and get me?" The human asked with a light chuckle. The autobot made a small humming noise.

" Naw, there's just a bunch of stuff go'in on back at da base. Needed ta clear mah processors, if ya know what ah mean?" The sports car answered good naturedly. The man nodded.

" Makes sense." He replied as he glanced out the window, a faint smile spread beneath his mask.

" How's Hot Rod and the others?" He asked, eager to see his best friend. The mech was quite for several seconds before answering.

" Ah don't know...." the music mech whispered. " He and his crew went off on some adventure. Haven't heard from him since..."

The young man sighed.

" Do you think he's offline?" He asked the t.i.c. The music loving mech gave another soft chuckle.

" He's to stubborn to go offline. He'd argue with primus till he sent him back....besides, he's got ta come back for Arcee before Sideawipe sweeps her away."

The young man grinned and leaned his head against the seat.

" By the way, how are the twins?"

Another pause in silence, and the man groaned.

" let me guess their M.I.A?"

" Nope, we found Sunstreaker a few solar cycles ago in bad shape, and a human along with him. Sideswipe....is still missing." Jazz informed. The young man raised a curious eyebrow.

" Sunsteaker....with a human? That's a shocker. Wouldn't think he'd let a human's greasy hands touch his finish."

The mech laughed and hummed in agreement.

" It took us all by surprise, although he clams she's his brother's human."

" So....Sunny was so vain he couldn't get femme and settled for a human?" The man teased. Jazz erupted into a fit of laughter.

" Daniel Witwicky! He'd have your head if he heard you say that!" Jazz shot back, trying to cover up his laughter. Daniel shrugged.

" Hey, its probably true." He added. Which caused the two to burst out laughing once more.

~

Sideswipe ans Elliot made their way back to Ari's old farm house. Outside, her father and mother were sitting on the porch, a worried expression plastered on their faces.

" Oh Scrap....what am I going to tell them?" The red mech whispered as he activated his holoform. The going boy beside him shrugged.

" That she was abducted by aliens!!!" He said with a little too much enthusiasm. Sideswipe rolled his eyes.

" Uh...Elliot, she probably was."

" oh...." the five year old answered. " How 'bout that there was a accident and she got caught in traffic?"

The autobot gave the boy a grin.

" That's a good excuse." Sideswipe whispered, giving the boy's hair a ruffle. " Thanks kid."

The small boy was beeming as they got out of the car. Behind them. Small bleep was heard, indicating that Sideswipe had locked the car.

A familiar voice came from the opposite side of the porch.

" Well you seemed extremely pleased with yourself Elliot."

" DANI!!" the Brown headed boy cheered in excitement as he ran up the old brick stairs to meet her. The teen chuckled when Elliot gave her a flying tackle hug.

" Good to see you again!" She said as she hugged him back.
" It's not like its been a hour since I had last seen you." She said playfully. The boy just squealed happily and hung on to her legs.

" Hello Dani, good to see you again." Sideawipe said charmingly and smirked when he got a light blush from Dani.

" Where's your...GF?" The teen whispered slyly at the dark haired hunk.

" She's coming with my twin, he needed help getting here."

Ari's dad walked up beside him.

" You have a Twin?" He asked, relief flushing across his ageing face. " Too bad I don't have another daughter." Spike said with a chuckle.

" Well....I think we consider Dani to our daughter...right dear?" Added Ari's small framed mother, giving the young female pilot a wink.

Dani's face was covered in a deep blush.

" I-I uh...I haven't even met him" she stuttered, causing everyone except Eliot to laugh.

" Mr. Sunny is to full of himself, you is better with that other guy, the guy who who let fly sometimes....." the young boy said. The others looked at one another and burst into laughter.

" What's so funny?" The tiny boy asked with big brown eyes. The four adults smiled Sideswipe hosted him into his shoulder.

" You are!! Ya big goof!!" The mech answered as Eliot squealed in delight when the autobot twirled in a circle.

" Alright." The middle aged woman announced. " Come on in for lunch! Ari should be here soon!"

When she turned around, Sideswipe shot the young boy a warning look and ran his finger across his lip like a zipper. The boy nodded and pit his thumbs up indicating he understood.

" Yeah...." Sideswipe added. " Ari should be here in no time."

And as he walked in the old victorian farm house, a orange and white helicopter caught his attention.

" Isn't that the same one I saw the other week?" The mech asked himself. " And why does something seem so familiar about..."

A ghost smile spread across Sideswipe's face.

" Looks like I get to play detective"

~

Daniel and Jazz had been traveling for a few hours down the long and lonely highway through Nevada.

" So..." Daniel spoke up, breaking the silence that had formed. " Who's the human with Sunstreaker?" He asked. The sports car gave a sigh.

" Well we ain't to sure, we know her name is Ari...uh...I think her last name is Smith. Just some teen that found the twins. She's been hurt pretty bad, and Ratchet can't tell what's wrong with her....."

" And that's where you need me?" The Whitwicky boy asked.

" Yep, I hope we ain't interfering with any yo business by asking you to do this."

The man shook his head.

" Are you kidding! I've been dying to take a break! I should be thanking you!" He said, his voice indicated that his current job was overly stressful. Jazz laughed at what his human friend said.

" Dun thank me yet...you still have to meet the human..."

A/N

Yayyy!! I finally published a chapter!! Oh!! FYI at the time Sideswipe's part of the story is taking place in the past....Like by two or there days