1.2

The car ride was very silent. They could feel the tension between them. The radio played some songs, but even that couldn't soften the tension. Luckily it was a short drive to Scott's house. After 15 minutes they arrived.

"You can come in and take a seat" Scott said.

Mitch looked around as he entered Scott's house.

"Nice place you've got here..." Mitch said, trying to break the ice.

"Yeah... I've been working so hard to get this."

"I bet you did."

Scott had calmed down a bit while driving home. Mitch took a seat and leaned into the comfy couch. Scott sat in a chair. He offered Mitch something to drink, but he declined.

"I don't know where to start..." Mitch looked at Scott. "I'm sorry that I've dumped you... I really am. It went so fast... You kissing me. Your request in the car. It didn't feel like me."

"How do you mean IT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE YOU?!" Scott snapped.

"It's just that... I want to be with you... But... In a different way... It was wrong to leave you there like you've meant nothing to me... In fact, you mean everything to me. You're my best friend, or was..."

Mitch looked up at Scott, trying to read his face.

Scott sighed.

"Yes, that's what you did. You've left me there as if I'm NOTHING."

"I'm sorry..."

"Do you think that's enough? Despite the fact that you're sorry I've been through HELL. You, Mitch, are the only person I would've died for..."

Mitch looked down at his feet, feeling so damn guilty.

"I'm sorry that I'd put you through hell... I didn't mean to..."

"But you did."

"I know now... I don't know how to make it all undone, because I simply can't. I can give you my sincere apologies and hope you'll accept it..."

Silence again.

"I can't forgive you... Not yet. But I'll admit this... Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi... Even though I can't stand this whole situation... I've missed you... Like a lot..."

"I've missed you too and I hate myself for putting you through all of it." Mitch sobbed.

Scott walked to Mitch and patted him awkwardly on his shoulder, not knowing how to react on his sudden burst of emotion.

"It appears that I'm not the only one who's sensitive here..." Scott joked, trying to ease Mitch.

Mitch smiled through his tears.
"That's why we're a match..."