8.2

"NO!" Scott yelled as he saw Mitch flatlining.

The room suddenly was filled up with a stream of doctors and nurses.

"Sir, please. Wait outside." A nurse said to him.

She grabbed his arm. Scott looked at her with teary eyes.

"NO! That's my boyfr... My best friend!" Scott cried.

The nurse guided him outside.

"You can sit down, he's in good hands. Do you want a glass of water?"

Scott wasn't able to speak. All he could do was crying his eyes out.

Mitch, please... Don't leave me, I love you.

"Scott?!"

Scott looked up and wiped the tears from his face. His blurry vision started to become clear.

"Kirstie..."

Kirstie rushed to Scott and hugged him tight.

"He... Mitch flatlined... He just flatlined, Kirst..." Scott said in a shaky voice and Kirstie started to cry into his shoulder.

"Noooo...." Kirstie sobbed.

Scott rubbed her back softly to comfort her, still crying.

"He's in good hands... The nurse told me... He's going to survive. He must survive. He is Mitch Grassi, he is going to survive this. I ain't gonna expect less of it." Scott tried to convince himself.

Kirstie shifted a little after a while.

"Yes." She mumbled.

"Hey, look at me." Scott tilted her face.

"Scott... What happened?"

"I was having a drink with Ken and I heard someone shouting for help. I decided to take a look, I saw a guy falling and Ken flipped the guy on his back and recognized Mitch."

"Okay... Go on." Kirstie said.

"Kendall walked away and I called the ambu-"

"Kendall walked away?!"

"Yeah... Umm, we were talking about us earlier and that didn't go very smooth... So, yeah he walked away."

"Did you guys break up?"

"No. I was planning to tell him something like that, but he has these expectations. He thought I wanted to take any step further in our relationship! God, no... So, he asked me if he should slow down. I wanted to say that we should break up, but I got interrupted by someone shouting for help."

Kirstie smiled through her tears.

"Kendall loves you and I guess he was hurt when he saw Mitch there..."

"Hurt? Why? I don't know if he really loves me... He just wanted to help me to get over Mitch."

"He loves you, Scott. He's had a crush on you since middle school." Kirstie laughed.

"What?! How do you know?!"

"Girls see EVERYTHING!" Kirstie sassed.

At that moment a doctor came out of Mitch's room. Kirstie and Scott stood up at the same time, eager for some answers.

"Doc? How's he doing???" Scott asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Not good."