10. Sorry.

The next morning Scott went out to do some groceries. The grocery store was near his house, but Scott loved to drive his car.

Scott walked through the vegetable section, he hated veggies and turned to the fruit section.

While Scott was searching for some tasty fruits, he bumped into someone.

"Sor... Ken?"

Kendall looked at Scott in shock and attempted to walk away, but Scott grabbed his arm.

"Why did you walk away? Why didn't you text me?" Scott asked.

"Let me go, Scott..."

"Not before you answer me."

"You're so damn oblivious."

"Answer me. I have been worrying about you. You've left me there."

"You've been worrying about ME?! Then why didn't YOU text me, huh?"

Scott couldn't believe his ears.

"YOU were the one who walked away!" He snapped.

People around them were looking at the two boys. Suddenly Scott realized that and he sighed, pulling Kendall along with him.

"Let's take this to the car." Scott said as he left his bucket with groceries on the floor.

They walked to the car.

"Scott, I walked away... I... You should've seen yourself! The way you looked at him... You-" 

"Six weeks! Ken, six fucking weeks! What did you expect me to do?!"

Tears were filling Scott's eyes.

"Your eyes never sparkle like that when you look at me..." Kendall said.

"Sparkle?"

"Like I said, you should've seen yourself..." Kendall's heart sank into his boots.

Scott stared at his knees.

"Why didn't you text me, Ken?"

"I was busy with figuring things out."

"I guess you were! How about texting me like... Oh, how's Mitchell doing???" Scott felt his rage boiling.

"Are you kidding me?! So you expect me to act all kind and caring, after I've seen the love of my life almost pouring his soul to another man?!" Kendall shouted at Scott, startling him.

"Wait, what?"

"To act all kind and caring, did you expect me to do that?"

"No, the other part..." Scott said.

"You've heard me."

"Wow, Ken... I don't know what to say... Umm, shall I drive you home?"

"Yeah, you'd better do that." Kendall said with some annoyance in his voice.

-

"So, thanks for driving me home..."

"No problem." Scott shuffled a bit, feeling uncomfortable.

Silence.

"So, uh... How's Mitchell doing?"

"Really?!" Scott snapped, but he decided to stay calm.

"He's in a coma after he flatlined. I'm going to visit him in a bit... I'll do the groceries later, since that went crazy." Scott rolled with his eyes.

"Oh, I see. Why don't you come over to my place after that?" Kendall asked.

"I could do that..."

"I mean, just hanging out."

"I know, see you later then?"

"Sure. Say hi to Mitchell."

Scott sighed. "He's in a coma, Ken."

"He's still able to hear you, Scottybuckets..."